Chapter 13

When I walked away, the agents were about to rush toward me, pull me to the ground again. But my mother flung her hand out and stopped them. They just watched me as I walked through the hallway. I tried to walk like I was confident and content with my decision. Once I turned the corner where my mother couldn't see me, I will admit I slouched. My feet dragged in sadness.

After awhile of looking around, trying to find my way to Dr. Banner, I finally found a lab. I could see through the windows. Three of the Avengers stood in the room. One was Stark, he leaned on the counter, his expression screaming he is right. But I'm sure he has that expression painted on his face a lot. Dr. Banner also leaned against the wall. He was slouched and looked at his feet. Sometimes shaking his head. The last person was Steve, he was the one arguing with Stark. Steve didn't seem to be angry, it's impossible for a teddy bear like him to have that face, but he was more agitated.

I decided to listen in on their conversation. Probably not the wisest since they could all probably snap me in half but I apparently can run away pretty easily.

"Why are we even here? S.H.I.E.L.D snapped, you witnessed that first hand, Rogers," Stark said.

"Because Amelia. She's one of us now," Steve replied. Well I guess now was the right time to listen.

"So what? We go our separate ways all of the time. Remember that time when I had the fight the Mandarin, by myself?"

"Yeah, you mention that a lot," Steve rolled his eyes, "And Amelia doesn't know what she is capable of yet."

"I agree with Cap here. He's right, Tony. We've all felt a bit lost when we acquired our, uh, abilities," Bruce chimed in, raising his head a little.

It was quiet for awhile. "Then bring her to the tower. She obviously doesn't like it here," Tony mentioned.

"She needs to be in a stable environment," Steve pointed out.

"Oh, you mean the organization that crumbled like a tough guy with a newborn baby?"

"She needs the doctors," Steve added.

"I'm smart," Stark replied like he was on auto pilot.

"What about her mother?"

"It's obvious Amelia doesn't like her, either," Tony remarked.

"Tony, I'm serious," Steve replied sternly.

"Steven, I get it. You've got a crush on her but you don't control her," Tony said.

That's when I stepped in. I didn't want Steve suddenly struggle to find an answer. I cleared my throat quite abruptly. Everyone turned to me. Steve's face was flushed, Stark's was just quite and Banner was the same.

"Tell me what actually happened to me," I frankly said. "All I want is the truth." They all looked at each other. "This isn't a question."

Banner didn't say anything, he just nodded. He walked to a laptop where he started typing. I stood still in the labs door frame. Steve and Stark held their position. Dr. Banner looked up to me and I walked across the room to the laptop. "There's no sound," Banner said and played the tape.

It was obviously a security camera by the way it was set up but I could see everything just fine. I saw myself, laying on an operating table. Nurses and doctors rushed around and my mother seemed to be yelling at them. That wasn't a surprise. But I looked at myself, my face was pale, white as the first snow. My lips were cold. I was looking at myself dead. Dr. Banner rushed in. My mother started talking to him and all she was saying was "Save her, whatever it takes." She said this over and over again. There wasn't any sound but I could hear it clearly. So maybe my mother didn't make me this way. Banner shook his head and I couldn't understand what he was saying. My mother ran out and after thirty seconds of people rushing around, my mother entered again, this time holding a bottle containing a some substance. In the bottle, the word Celeraitatium. An element on the periodic table whose molecules move so fast it's too fast to be a gas and instead is all three forms. Banner started to shake his head again, more furiously. My mother seemed to insist. And then she got threatening. I could tell because she did that thing where a vain pops out side of her eyebrow. Banner didn't open his mouth and quickly put the substance in a syringe. He took it, spoke to my mother once more, she nodded and Dr. Banner slowly put the syringe near my heart. He took it out and there was no outcome.

Or at least for a second. The heart monitor practically exploded, it started malfunctioning. Suddenly, my eyes flashed open, my blue iris's we're going insane. It looked as though I was possessed. I had goosebumps watching myself like this. My mother in the video started to back away from me in fright. My body suddenly vibrated, I started to become a blur. Almost everyone backed away from me, except for Dr. Banner who calmly and swiftly grabbed a syringe and placed it in my arm. I stopped vibrating and closed my eyes. He must have given a sedation.

Suddenly, Dr. Banner stopped the video. I could only look at the screen. Once I peeled my eyes from the screen, I stood up straighter. "I want to get out of here. Take me to that tower or whatever."

Everyone his time nodded. Even Steve. I walked out of the eerie lab. I didn't want to stay here much longer. I had to get out of this hole. I had to get out of this Hell.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

What's this? An update? What a rare thing these days. Sorry!!! I feel so bad but it's just writers block and ugh.

Thank you!!