Chapter 16

Okay, so Thor is a pretty cool dude. He's one of those people who you want to talk about. Like my dad always talked about a guy who was a fighter pilot, spoke seven languages fluently and owns four blocks of New York. See! I did it again he's just so cool!

Anyways he lives in another realm, has a neat hammer and could probably be a barrier to a semi because his arms are so huge. But eventually we talked about Cyclops and how he wanted to help because he too had 'battle a creature with one eye and a ferocious way of killing people.' And he also for some reason loved mankind.

When it started to get late, we all decided to try and get some sleep. I was not sleepy in the slightest but I was hoping once my head hit my pillow I would be out. So everyone dispersed to their rooms and I walked to my room. I followed Tony directions (I needed them) and ended up in a huge room with a window wall and a industrial sized bed. It was all white. He knew me so well. I ran and jumped on the bed, landing face first. It was a very comfy bed.

I stood up, grabbed my sac from the doorway and changed into my pajamas. I proceeded to do the normal stuff you do when you get ready for bed. When I actually was laying in bed, I still wasn't tired. So I laid there, thoughts passed by but I tried just thinking about sheep. Nothing. Not even close to something. All I wanted to do was move. After about three hours I was frustrated. It was 2 a.m. and all I wanted to do was sleep. Another hour went by. And another. I thought of life's questions, I even thought about what the meaning of life was. Another hour went by. And another. It was 6 a.m. and I decided to get up, it wasn't worth it anymore.

I thought I must have slept a little and didn't realize it because I still felt refreshed. But my mind quickly flashed to not being able to sleep in the facility. I shook it off, I didn't want to think of that place to be honest. I walked down a hall and it lead me to an elevator. After pressing many buttons, I ended up finally finding the kitchen. When I walked in, a figure stood with his back facing towards me. I instantly recognized the blonde hair and I could see his back muscles from his tight white shirt. I'm pretty sure he wears those tight shirts on purpose.

"Hey, Steve," I speak. He instantly turns around with a paper in one hand and a mug with steam pouring out in the other. He smiled widely.

"Amelia! Do you want coffee?" He asked. I nodded and sat down at the island. He grabbed the coffee maker and poured coffee into a white mug and slid it over to me. I put the mug up to my lips and tasted it, it was actually amazing coffee.

"I guess we are finally getting coffee together," I say and take another sip, slurping loudly.

He chuckled. "Yeah, sorry about that," Steve said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Please, there is nothing to be sorry about," I tell him and he smiles.

"So why are you up so early?" Steve asks.

"I could ask you the same thing," I say, raising an eyebrow and drinking more of my coffee.

"I got over my phase of the whole sleeping thing," Steve says and smiles while looking down at his coffee. "Your turn."

"I couldn't sleep," I answer, sipping the warm coffee that immediately warms me up.

"I truly feel ya," a voice from behind says. It was Tony, of course, strutting into the kitchen and getting coffee for himself. "You know, there pills for that kind of thing."

"I think you need them more then I do," I shoot back.

"That," Tony says while pointing a finger at me, "was not original."

"Just like your mom, ohhhhhhh,"Clint says, walking in and, grabbing a tea bag?

I swear Steve and I were just going to have a moment. To bad these fools messed it up. "Why are you guys up?" I ask.