07

teagan slowly walked back down the steps to Luke's in jess' jumper that had a graphic design of a band on it that she didn't recognise and the skort she was originally wearing.

not very appropriate for work, however it was all the fault of a particular mariano boy.

"ok! this is ridiculous. jess has to use a sippy cup from now on." teagan announced when she reached the diner.

"not my fault, Tea." jess said, rather bluntly as he walked past her.

a frown formed on teagans face. "someone's grumpy." she mumbled as she began her shift.

the door chimed to signal someone had entered and teagan shifted her gaze to see who it was.

there entered the gilmore girls and an older woman she didn't recognise.

curiosity got the best of her and she decided to walk over with luke.

"you're the only person in the world who's allowed to call me that." luke said during his embrace with the mystery woman.

"call you what, lukey? also the toasters broken." teagan joined the conversation, referring back to the deconstructed toaster.

"yeah i happened to notice actually." he commented, very sarcastically. "mia, this is teagan. she's meant to be working right now." luke crossed his arms over his chest and nodded back to behind the counter.

the girl rolled her eyes in response. "it's nice to meet you, mia." she smiled.

"and you too, teagan." mia replied, a warm smile spread across her face.

"luke really has butchered this toaster." teagan mumbled to no one in particular as she walked over to examine it.

"sounds like his problem." jess said back, not looking at her.

"you are in a mad mood today, Danes." teagan chuckled at the boy as she turned away from the hopeless toaster and grabbed the coffee.

"i am not in a bad mood. luke still thinks i did the prank outside Doose's." jess followed the waitress over to the table where luke was standing.

"well, you did." teagan chuckled before turning to pour the three women some coffee.

"no. you did." he retorted, rolling his eyes. "i was just there."

"so, an accomplice." teagan deadpanned. "just as guilty."

"mia, this is jess, liz's kid." luke pointed over to him from beside teagan. "jess, this is mia. she owns independence inn."

"huh."

"you just have a way with words, don't you Danes?" teagan smiled at the boys response.

"that's 'hello, nice to meet you' in slacker." luke responded.

"you don't need me down here, do you?" jess asked, obviously sick of being in the diner.

"yes actually, help me fix the toaster please, Danes?" teagan looked to jess, hoping for some help.

"okay. i'm going upstairs. bye, Tea." jess gave her a sickly sweet smile and headed upstairs.

"well aren't you two sweet." mia commented on the duo while taking a sip of her coffee.

"wha- me and jess? we're just- colleagues of sorts. i guess." teagan stuttered, unsure of how to respond to what she had said. "but thanks."