22

"hi!" teagan greeted as she left miss patty's, meeting with lorelai and rory who were, of course, headed to luke's.

she had spent a few hours in the dance studio letting off some steam and was now ready for something to eat to refuel.

lorelai pouted silently.

"what?" teagan turned to rory, hoping for an answer to the woman's strange mood.

"she's mad." rory sighed.

"why?"

"um- probably becau-"

"because!" lorelai cut her daughter off, speaking very loudly. "i have known you for almost four years and i have never seen any performance from you." she continued pouting. "and it's not fair."

rory decided to stay silent between the pair, she could feel jealousy burning in her stomach at the teen who had a seemingly effortless talent.

she was ashamed of the way she felt about teagans passion. yet as much as she studied, read and focused on school, she'd never have something teagan seemed to be born with.

"not this again!"

"a little birdie told me that jess saw you dance!"

teagan scoffed. "hardly!"

"aha! so he did see you!"

the three entered the diner as lorelai continued to rant about not seeing the teen dance, nothing was going to stop this woman.

"i'm walking away now." teagan turned away from the gilmore girls and towards the counter where luke was standing, lecturing jess about something he had done.

"luke." the teen called, he didn't hear her.

"luke!" she called again.

"luke!" she shouted, finally catching the mans attention. "hi."

"you study." he pointed to her.

"sorry?" teagan furrowed her brows.

"jess doesn't study." he sighed. "and he stole baseball bats."

"yeah, i don't care." teagan brushed him off. "three coffees and a plate of fries, please sir."

luke stayed silent.

"ding ding." the teen pretended to be hitting a bell, impatiently waiting for the man to acknowledge her order.

"you get A's."

"you get A's?" jess snapped his head up from where he was sitting, looking wide eyed at teagan.

"why'd you have to say that? he already knows way to much about me." she pointed to the boy who was still staring at her.

"you could tutor jess."

"no." both teens immediately reject any notion of studying together, wildly shaking their heads at the man.

"i can study myself."

"rory can tutor him." teagan points back to the girl who was sitting, still waiting for the coffee.

"no, i can't. not up for that." rory chimed in from her seat.

"teagan, you tutor jess." luke points between the two. "and you have no shifts for the rest of the week."

teagan thought about this for a moment, ignoring the boy standing behind the diner owner who was still violently shaking his head.

"okay. no shifts?"

"no shifts."

"deal." she shook hands with luke and watched as he left for the kitchen to prepare the order she had asked for.