31

the town was painted in a golden hue paired with the warm summer air, it created a nostalgic atmosphere for the teens who had grown to love the summer feeling that was always present in Stars Hollow during the season of cloudless days, sun-tanned legs, and warm nights.

"first stop, luke's." teagan directed as she walked through the town square with chris, scanning the busy town. "looks like taylor has come up with a new festival."

the pair looked over to the Stars Hollow residents who were congregated around 'the end of summer madness festival' which was packed with quartet singers, food stalls, and games.

"looks popular." chris shrugged.

the pair walked in silence for a few moments, observing the bustling new attraction.

"so, luke's for food? or for someone else?" chris teased, catching teagans attention and pulling it away from the festival.

"for food, idiot." the brunette rolled her eyes. "wipe that look off of your face."

"i'm just excited to meet your mystery guy."

"he's not my guy." teagan sighed, pushing away a smile at her friend's taunting. "please, behave."

"cross my heart." chris drew a cross over his chest with his finger before opening the door to luke's for her.

teagan heard a gasp come from beside her, immediately recognizing the voice. "there she is!" lorelai squealed as she made her way towards the teen, pulling her in for a tight hug. "listen, taylor hurt his leg. someone put a banana peel on his doorstep a few weeks ago, so he's not in the best of moods. i'd recommend staying far, far away from him."

"well at least he can't blame me." teagan shrugged. "i need to get some food." the brunette headed away from the pair she was with.

"oh! maybe i should order?" lorelai suggested after greeting chris, pulling the girl away from the counter.

teagan frowned. "why?" she chuckled, confused as to why lorelai didn't want her to go. "i should go say hi to luke anyway."

"let me go, it'll just be quicker." lorelai insisted, still holding onto the girl's arm.

"don't be stupid, it's fine." teagan managed to release herself from the woman's grip and sent a confused look to chris, who mirrored her expression.

"what was that all about?" the boy turned to lorelai.

"jess is back." she replied, sitting back down at her window table.

"she knows that." chris followed suit and sat opposite her. "kinda excited to meet this guy."

lorelai breathed out a laugh and looked over to where luke and teagan were chatting. "yeah but he's got a-" she cut herself off as the brunette headed back to their table.

"you guys want anything?" she asked as she stop above chris.

"no, i'm good." lorelai smiled up at her.

"i'll have what you're having," chris told her, hoping she's head back to the counter so he could hear what lorelai had to say.

teagan turned away from the pair and collided with a body behind her, her eyes lit up and a smile spread across her lips as she recognized who she had just crashed into. "jess!"

the boy above her froze as he stared down at the brunette, after a few moments of silence he sent her a small nod and walked away from her.

"that was weird, right?" the girl turned back to her table.

chris furrowed his brows and nodded up to her as lorelai just shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"i should go talk to him." teagan commented, her gaze set on the stairs jess had just bolted to.