15

a few weeks had passed since the bracebridge dinner at the independence inn and teagan and jess' had mostly reconciled their differences.

they still continued to bicker pretty much every chance they got and made luke's life harder, but the town had grown used to the trouble the two would cause in the diner.

it was like part of the paid experience.

"teagan, can you go upstairs and get jess?" luke asked his waitress as he frantically went around customers, making sure he had their orders.

the brunette groaned. "it's all the way upstairs!" she told him from her seat on the back counter in the diner.

"i need you off that table anyway, it's unsanitary." he told her, crossing behind the counter to drag her off.

"nonononono- ugh." she complained on her journey down from her seat. "fine."

"i'm paying you for this." luke called to her as she slowly made her way to the stairs.

"hardly!" she called back.

~

"jess!" teagan shouted through the apartment as she walked in, not bothering to knock. "lucas needs you downstairs."

"you need to learn to knock." jess told her as he emerged from behind the corner, his attention set on his book.

"what? because i could catch you doing something?" she scoffed.

"yeah, i could've been changing."

"or jerki-" teagan chuckled before a hand covered her mouth.

"don't finish that senten- ow! did you just bite me?" jess exclaimed, pulling his hand away from her.

"you cut me off." she shrugged, a satisfied smile on her face before turning to make her way back downstairs.

"you're the devil."

"thank you, danes."

~

teagan scanned the room after she made her way downstairs, jess stood close behind her. her eyes landed on paris as she interrogated luke.

"oh jesus." she mumbled turning to go back upstairs, to hide from the private school girl on a mission.

"uh uh, i have to stay, so you have to say." jess told her flipping her back around to face the scene that was unfolding in the diner.

"where'd they come from? what's up there? is that where you keep the girls?" paris shot all three questions at luke, pointing up to the apartment.

"i think she got you, uncle luke. you better give up." jess commented.

"you should see it up there, paris. it's pretty much a full blown brothel." teagan added, smiling at the annoyed looking luke.

"do not add to this insanity." he told the two.

"innocent children like us should not be raised in this atmosphere." jess said, walking next to his uncle.

"preach it, jess." teagan suppressed a laugh. "it's time the truth came to light."

luke glared at the two teens encouraging the already suspicious paris.

"i wanna be good, life's just not letting me." jess defended, joking his hands up in surrender.

luke forced the private school girls to leave and jess and teagan sent each other a look of pride at their work.

"you two are dangerous." luke told them. "this is an unsafe environment with you around."

"thanks lukey, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." teagan put her hand to her heart.

jess just put his arm around teagan and smiled sweetly to his uncle.

~

a few days had passed since teagan and jess had meddled with rory's friend.

rory was not too happy as she had to drag the girl around town all day and stop her from creating some conspiracy about the diner.

the town was now in the midst of the 'bid-a-basket' event, something the entire town participated in.

except from teagan, and now jess.

the two had decided to sit out of this event since they weren't interested in it.

so luke had left them in charge of the diner after he was forced into bidding for lorelai's basket.

"don't burn anything down!" was the last thing they had told the two as he was dragged out the place by an anxious lorelai.

"there's no one here." jess commented, sitting behind the counter, after waiting there for almost an hour

"so?" teagan asked him, sitting at one of the tables trying to get some school work finished.

"let's go do something fun." he stood up from his seat and walked towards her.

"if you hadn't noticed, i'm busy." teagan motioned down to the work she had.

he shut the textbook in front of her and pulled her up from the seat.

"no you're not." he held her wrist as he dragged her towards their jackets.

jess passed the brunette her jacket and dropped her wrist to slip his on.

"come on, Tea." he pleaded. "don't waste the day. the entire town is busy, we could do anything we wanted."

teagan looked back to the work that wasn't exactly urgent. "fine, but if we get in trouble, i'm blaming you." she told him, slipping on her jacket.

"i'll take that risk." he said as he opened the door for her.

_________________________

authors note
another slight filler, i never realised how long the seasons are! so this will probably be a long book.
unless i maybe split it into two after jess leaves in s4?
idk, anyways enjoy! :)