27

teagan sauntered along Stars Hollow on her way to school, tuning out lane's music rambles as her thoughts carried her out of the town and towards a specific busy city.

before she registered what she was doing, her legs were taking her away from the entrance of the school, away from lane's verbal vomit and towards one of the only bus stations in the tiny town to visit the only new york-ian she knew.

her unknown attachment to this brunette bad boy who had originally been an annoying presence in her life was nagging at her like an itch in her cast.

teagan liked new york anyways. the big apple, the city that never sleeps. home to her dream schools of juilliard and new york university.

a day trip there would calm her mind and she would definitely be back in time for lorelai's graduation.

so that's where she headed, specifically for the park jess had mentioned to her on the phone earlier that week. hoping he'd be there, waiting for her.

a stupid idea, he had no idea teagan was planning on going to new york and probably wouldn't care once she arrived anyway.

and yet she was on a stuffy bus next to, quite a sweet old lady that she didn't know, ignoring her nerves and what cal and anna would say if they found out she skipped school for a boy.

~

teagan stepped off the bus completely unsure of where she was meant to go, blindly following the people in front of her hoping they'd lead her out the terminal.

once she reached the outdoors and fresh air, well as fresh as you can get in new york, she managed to grab the attention of a stranger and ask where washington square park was.

although the brunette loved the city, she had never actually been there and didn't know her way around at all, so following directions from someone she didn't know was her best option.

'where the hell is fifth?' she thought to herself as she set off on her journey which could potentially be a waste of time if he wasn't there or didn't want to see the girl that basically forced him out her town. 'this place is hotter than i imagined.'

~

teagans heart picked up when she recognised a familiar head of brunette hair slumped in a bench, obviously, reading a book.

she took a shaky breath in, trying to force away the tiny smile that was working it's way onto her face as she approached the mariano boy.

"finally!" she smiled into jess' ear as she leaned over the back of the bench. "walking around fifth avenue in these boots has been a nightmare. did you know it was like miles long?"

jess let the book fall slightly in his hand as he turned to face the grinning girl above him. "how you doing?"

"good, if i chose other shoes. what about you?"

"good. i'm glad you've kept your attitude." he smirked, holding his composure at the sight of the girl who apparently was able look more gorgeous in a city she actually liked.

teagan sighed contently and looked towards the park. "nice park."

jess hummed in agreement as he scanned the brunette girls face and the smile that was stuck to it.

"show me around, Danes."

~

"you know i think i'm a natural here." teagan smiled to jess and walked along next to him. "i may have never been to the big apple until now, but i understand the vibe."

"you do not understand the vibe, Tea. you just called it the big apple."

"i have the attitude."