28

"hey sweetie!" anna barged into teagans room without knocking, once again. "you got your dress for sookie and jackson's wedding yet?"

the teen decided to ignore the blatant disrespect of her privacy to save a fight. "no, not yet. i don't really know what i'm meant to wear to a wedding."

"i can take you shopping for something, if you're up for it?" her foster mother sent teagan a sweet smile and kept her tone soft and friendly. teagan had noticed since jess' absence, both anna and cal had been in good moods, treating the brunette to days out and allowing her to spend more time in miss patty's studio.

although the teen was hesitant to cave to her foster parents kindness on the principle that it was because she was no longer 'influenced' by the mariano boy, she agreed to go dress shopping with anna as part of her did crave attention from the people she had been living with for three years.

~

"what about this one?" anna picked up the dress on the rack next to her as teagan turned to look at it.

the teen held back a grimace in the small dress boutique as she didn't want to offend the owner. "it's yellow." teagan slightly giggled as she whispered to her foster mother. "it kinda looks like baby spit up."

"shush!" anna giggled with teagan. "she'll hear you." the woman turned her head to the beedy eyed woman sitting near a till, staring at the two girls. "shit! she's looking at us."

"language, anna!" teagan smiled as she brushed her hand across the dresses along the rack next to her. "she's gonna kick us out if we don't buy something."

"then pick something, i'm getting dizzy from walking around this shop so many times." anna teased.

"i'll know what i want when i see it." teagan sighed. "picking a dress is a fine art and it doesn't help when you keep picking up the ugliest dresses or the white ones."

"how does lorelai put up with you? i bet she'd like the yellow dress that did not look like baby spit up."

"she's probably make me leave because of that woman's creepy little stare-" teagan was cut off when her foster mother gasped at the sight of a dress that the teen couldn't quite see. "what?"

"it's perfect!" anna beamed as she pulled out a 50s inspired dusty pink dress, it looked costly with it's delicate rose detail and flowing skirt.

teagan felt the corners of her mouth turn up as she stared at the dress in awe, anna took that as consent for purchase and darted towards the woman at the till, quite happy to treat the teen with the beautiful dress. "thank you!" teagan called to her as she stood near the door.

"don't even think about it." anna smiled back.

~
teagan stepped into luke's diner the day of sookies wedding, she had been tasked with grabbing foor for lorelai 'before she starved to death'.

she was dressed and completed the look with heels, a silver necklace and small pink roses entwined strategically in her hair.

her face was made-up by lorelai with pink eyeliner as the woman had insisted she match her makeup to her dress. teagan was now to afraid to touch her face or hair as she didn't want to screw up the work that was done.

"luke!" teagan called up the stairs to his apartment, wanting him to hand over the goods so she could leave quickly. "is he deaf?" she whispered to herself as she began climbing up the steps to her boss.

~

once teagan had reached the door to luke's apartment, she could hear his voice through the thick plank of wood and  had officially decided the man was crazy since he was talking to himself.