17

two weeks had passed since teagan and jess had pranked taylor and gone to the bridge.

taylor, expectedly, had been fuming and the two teens spent the majority of their weeks avoiding his wrath or directing him to luke, who also wasn't very pleased having to deal with taylor almost daily.

it took the man three days to realise he could just get bolt cutters on the locks of the market.

it's safe to say he never solved the puzzle box, much to the two troublemakers amusement.

lorelai and luke argued that it wasn't fair on taylor and that they had caused them enough problems and so the two were dragged to the gilmore residence to help out as a punishment, this was luke's idea as a solution to getting them away from him for a day.

although, teagan had arrived early and hadn't really done much to help out, she had sat and talked with her mother figure instead. well, actually they were sat waiting for an alarm clock to go off.

"what am i waiting for?" teagan whispered, watching an clock do absolutely nothing.

"just wait." lorelai whisper-yelled, seemingly very excited.

the clock ticked and suddenly a pig squealing noise took over the silence in the room.

"see?" lorelai pointed to the clock.

"it's grunting." teagan frowned. "why is it grunting?"

"this, my friend, is a state-of-the-art cd clock radio that enables you to wake up to the barnyard animal of your choice." lorelai told her as she turned off the noise.

"is it necessary?"

"yes! i have selected the perky piggies." she turned and pointed to teagan. "you might choose the cheery chickens or the goofy goats."

"i'm glad you're enjoying yourself." teagan smiled. "this is as close to a farm as i ever want to get."

"amen, sister friend."

a knock on the door interrupted their conversation and teagan went to answer it as lorelai continued to play around with her clock.

"ugh." she greeted the boy standing in front of her.

"aren't you a delight." he said back as he chucked her a cd. "here."

"the shaggs?" she asked.

"you liked good charlotte." he shrugged. "trust me."

"if it ever gets to the point in life where i do actually have to trust you, Danes." teagan sent him a sickly sweet smile. "shoot me."

"love to." he sent her the same smile.

"you're very punctual today." she commented, moving aside so the boy could walk in.

"it was this or continue apartment hunting with luke." he sighed.

"you're moving? luke didn't tell me you were moving." teagan frowned. "did you break something?"

"is that really your first assumption?" he rolled his eyes. "luke just flipped out last night and the next thing i know, he's dragging me all over town, banging on about pipes and measuring square footage. it's crazy."

"but i thought you loved talking about pipes and measuring square footage." teagan laughed. "maybe a new place means your own room."

"you always do that?" he asked.

"what?"

"find the good in things?"

"so segues not your thing, huh? teagan asked, slightly flustered by the small detail jess seemed to notice about her.