Chapter 6- Colorful Luck

Chapter 6: Colorful Luck
- George's POV -

nudge

"Wake up." A voice grumbled faintly. "You've been sleeping for hours now." The voice spoke again. "5 more minutes..." I groaned sleepily, turning my back towards it.

nudge nudge

"Get up already." The voice, as my mind slowly adjusted to where I was and what happened over the past few days, became irritatingly recognizable as it's messenger dug their shoe into my sacked body.

nudge

"Ugh, leave me alone, Dream.." I threw the blanket over my head childishly, cursing the annoying green (or yellow) man who might as well have steam leaving his ears and nostrils if it weren't so early in the morning.

"What- what do you mean 'leave me alone, Dream' ?! This isn't a fucking -I don't know- nursery daycare!" He exclaimed in disbelief, flailing his arms around angrily. Though I didn't necessarily see it, I figured he was either acting like a child or flipping me off recklessly since a painful groan followed after his complaints making me snicker.

"Here. This is all I've got so it should do."

Something light-weight plopped down on me and an even smaller light-weight could be felt as gravity did its expected job. So did my nerves as I skeptically pulled down the blanket and sat up. A hoodie, and a pair of white-rimmed shades.

I perked lightly as I slipped the shades on my face and scrambled to grab my scarf as the set accordingly completed itself. A small chuckle sounded beside me and I grabbed the small piece of mirror from Dream as I observed my new creation. They're perfect!

It'll be half the work trying to completely hide my identity now. "Where'd you find these?" I ask Dream curiously as I take them off and set them next to me. "Found them in one of the abandoned thrift stores and swiped'em." He shrugged.

Humming in acknowledgement, I grabbed the hoodie. It was a simple color with no designs and a bit larger in size than what I was usually dressed in, but it'll have to do. It's been really cold lately and the dirty, ripped t-shirt I was wearing wasn't doing me any favors.

"What color is this? Yellow?"

Dream cocked his head in confusion. "Yellow..?" I nodded, slipping the warm piece of cloth over my head. "How's that yellow? That's green, lime to be exact." He pointed at my hoodie. Before I could  even get the opportunity to reply to his question, he was ordering me to stay and back at his stash of materials. Where am I even supposed to go?

Rolling my eyes wordlessly, I stood up and did a little stretch to de-cramp my limbs- if that's even a word to begin with. I was getting tired of sitting anyways. "What color is this?" Dream finally asked, now facing me with a small rubber ball in hand.

"That's blue, right?" I squinted a little and Dream nodded. "Okay, what about my hoodie." He asked again, motioning to the one he was wearing. "I don't know.. green, yellow-?" "Ha-ha! Are you color blind?" He- I don't know cheered as he pointed an accusing finger at me.

"I am in fact color blind, wise sir. You figured it out!" I praised sarcastically. "And it seems that my disability is a laughing matter to you?" I raised my brows with a knowing look and he paused. "Well, no, maybe not a laughing matter but I just didn't expect it." [/A.N No disability is a laughing/joking matter! In fact- I've got relatives of my own who are colorblind/color-deficient<3/]

"You got blue right though so theoretically I'm assuming you're red-green colorblind..?" He guessed and I nodded to confirm it. I was in fact colorblind. Many people used to think it was odd and always asked what colors I did see and whether I felt it weird or not.

A small thoughtful hum came from Dream as he walked back to his belongings and started fumbling again. He's like a little hamster.

This time when he returned, he was holding a light blue hoodie instead. "Take that off." He pointed to the hoodie I was wearing and I raised a brow. "Geez, take me out on a date first, Dream." I smirked, as I stripped off the green hoodie. Or is it still yellow..

"I'll do that after I finally get to learn your name, Gogy."

My smirk instantly disappeared, replacing itself with a tiny blush. I was caught off guard, okay!

"You're an idiot." I glared as I slipped on the replacement hoodie.

"There, now you can wear a color you can actually see." He beamed, a cheery tone lacing itself in his words. "Thank you.. for doing all this." I spoke quietly as I took the cloth from him. I was really grateful. For allowing me shelter for the night, for the makeshift bed. Even sharing his resources with a total stranger. It was all heavily appreciated especially because in times like these, thinking of nothing but yourself was our sad way of surviving. Trust was never worth the risk, sharing was never a possibility that dared cross our minds, and making amends was never an option unless something was brought out of it in return.

"Is this going to be one of those cringe scenes where we hug, share a smile and become best friends or something ?" Dream started and I groaned in annoyance, throwing the other hoodie at him. Can't take a thanks without unnecessarily commenting on everything.

"This, is going to be one of those scenes where I leave and you stop following me." I pointed an accusing finger at him making him raise his hands in a sign of surrender. "To be fair, I returned the hospitality afterwards-"

BANG!

My attention instantly snapped to the ceiling, rubble and dust trickling from above. A hand gently pushed me down, motioning me to keep crouching as voices and footsteps can now be heard.

Dream placed a finger on the mask's smile to remain silent, the disguise now completely drawn over his face. I nodded with a nervous gulp, cringing when another round of rubble and dust rained on us and footsteps marched above us.

They're here.

"They shouldn't be able to find us down here." Dream whispered as he grabbed his sword off the work table and silently creeped back to me.

"-BURN IT DOWN!" A voice laughed from above, and my heart dropped as I looked at Dream in horror. We'll be buried alive if they go through with it.

"We can't leave."

"What? What the fuck do you mean by 'we can't leave', Dream?! Are you insane?! If we don't we'll be buried alive!" I yelled, now standing up straight as I glared at him.

"It'll hold, the fire won't reach us down here. It's too far down to-" "We both know it won't hold, Dream. For someone with incredible fighting power you sure don't know how to use that brain of yours." I grit, grabbing my sword from its holder and walking towards the ladder.

"So what, you think you have a better chance of surviving up there than down here? You'll be ripped apart and end up getting me fucking killed too! What's wrong with you?!" We were now both yelling.

We both knew we were in a conflicted dilemma. Going up there means raising the risk of being man-slaughtered and staying down here means attending our own funeral. Both risky, and both very possible to go completely south if our theories were off by an bit.

Like right now, as silence overtook the base around us and the little creak of the latch being opened made itself an exception.

"Hello.. little rats."