Chapter 7- Caught

Chapter 7: Caught
- George's POV -
"Hello.. little rats."

My back connected painfully with the rigid wall as I slid down it, masks, machetes, and heavily booted feet filling my blurry line of vision. My body ached with unbearable pain, head pounding mercilessly and skin overall turning into shades of black and blue as the aftermath of the fight began to take place.

Coming to a decision between Dream and I never got to happen as the next thing we knew, the bunker was raided by Daredevils and our asses were getting kicked. Well, winning wasn't really an option down here since the bunker didn't do us any favors and we were cornered 4 to 2 in the tiny space.

"F-Fuckers, you broke my figurines." Did I forget to mention Dream was still here? Yeah, well at this point in time I'm willing to sacrifice him as a wager.

"You're impossible. How can you be so c-calm when your life is moments away from being wiped out? " I winced, pulling myself up into a sitting position. Clearly, I wasn't near anything to do with calmness or decent sanity, I was very far from it actually. My heart felt like it was about to explode into gutty pieces from nervousness and my overthinking was worsening the damage that was already inflicted on my head. I was never caught up until now and this is the closest I've ever been to one of them. The Daredevils. I've always watched from afar, how scary they could be.

But now, unless some miracle worker decided to step in and act as our knight-in-shining-armor, we were practically doomed.

"Here, tie their hands with this." One of the Daredevil's called out, throwing something towards their grandpa-masked friend. "That one especially has a short fuse." He nudged his head towards a roughed up Dream. He wasn't wrong.

There were four of them in total -or at least from what I could make out-, all recognized as males and differentiated by masks, voices and built. One of them wore a mask of a face with exceedingly large cheek pink bones and a wide toothy smile, another one of them wore a mask resembling an incredibly discombobulated-looking baby face, and the last two wore the typical creepy grandpa mask and the other a boring white base with two holes cut in parallel to the eyes in order to see through out of.

"Separate them from each other while you're at it." The same guy spoke as I was tugged forwards, rough hands bounding my wrists with a long strand of ripped cloth. I glanced at Dream briefly. He looked calm, like not an ounce of fear roamed through his body. And maybe it didn't, maybe he really wasn't as scared I was. But then again who knows what he's really feeling underneath that mask.

"If they really do care about each other then watching each other die will only be more.. enjoyable. I mean, for us at least!" He cackled loudly, the grin practically showing through the solid mask as I got forced away from Dream and pushed down against the wall across him. This is bad.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Barbie, but he means nothing to me. You're practically wasting your time."

Ouch.

I watched as Dream leaned his head back against the wall, an amused scoff escaping him as the shortest of the four finished tightening his binds. It was the creepy old grandpa mask.

"Really now, so you won't mind if I did this-?" A knife zipped past me, it's deathly sharp blade digging into the concrete wall only inches away from my face. His movements were so quick and confident, I merely got to comprehend what was happening until the pressure of the weapon zooming past me hit faintly against my cheek.