Chapter 10- Dream

Chapter 10: Dream
- Dream's POV -

When I woke up the next day, it was to painful nerves acting up all around my body and the strong heat that erupted from the seeping sun rays into the cave. Forcing my eyes completely open I weakly heaved myself up on my forearms, holding my head in pain as I tried to focus on my surroundings. I was laying on a soft material and a thin sheet was pulled over my chest, and shielding my wrapped and bandaged chest and torso.

My vision was still slowly clearing up as I closed them and reopened them, squinting as I tried rid of my exhaustion. My mind was still hazy yet and my body screamed in agony with every movement that I made.  "You worried me for a bit there. I thought I'd have to dunk your body in a lake." A voice murmured from beside me, my fingers instinctively reaching up to my face. I could feel my heart settle down in relief as my fingertips pressed against the solid material of my mask, and looked at the shorter boy.

"I didn't see anything, you fine." He assured softly, pouring a type of brewery into a poorly-shaped wooden howl and limping towards me. "Here, drink this. This should help with the pain." He explained gently, handing me the bowl as I sat up straight, the sheet pooling at my exposed waist. "And how do I know this isn't poison or something?" I spoke raspily, being that I haven't spoken in a while, as I raised a skeptical brow. Though I doubted he'd see it from behind the mask.

"You don't." He shrugged, before moving closer to me when I finally and eventually drank the brew, wincing a little at the way it burned my throat slightly before moving the bowl away from my lips with a small pant. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. It tasted weird but more like a minty taste than poison, I think at least.

"Either way, your wounds should heal by time. The process'll be a little slow but it'll take even longer if you act too recklessly or overwork your body past its limit. Rest for now."

"What's your name?" I ignored his comment. Not enjoying the satisfaction of being bossed around. Even if I knew he was right. "George. My name is George." He rolled his eyes, sighing heavily as he took a seat next to me. "George.." I hummed thoughtfully. George, huh.

"Exactly, you got the hang of it." He praised sarcastically and rolled his eyes. Quite the sassy one. "Lean back a bit." He then ordered quietly, gently pushing me back by my shoulders and unwrapping the bandages around my torso. His fingers felt soft against my skin, gentle.

"So what's the issue, doc? Am I gonna die?" I feigned worry, holding back a snicker when he glared at me. "You might just if you keep running that irritating mouth of yours." He grumbled before reaching into a bag set down next to him and pulling a small tub out.

"Oh honey, this irritating mouth could do much more than just talk." I smirked cheekily, laughing quietly when he ignored me and grumbled something under his breath with pink cheeks.

"Stay put for a little." He ordered irritatedly, opening the top and gently rubbing the ointment around my scars. I watched him with curious eyes, noticing the little lip bite he did when he was focusing and the way his chocolate-brown eyes searched for any spots he must've missed.

"I feel so jealous!" A voice suddenly gasped and our heads snapped towards its supplier. Bastard. "Take care though, Georgie, he's mine and sharing isn't an option in my books." The person taunted, a voice specifically belonging to a face I wanted to connect my knuckles with. The fuck?

"What the fuck do you mean by 'he's mine' ?" I snapped irritatedly, glaring daggers at Sapnap as he emerged from the blinding sunlight. "You're mine. I'm the one who caught you so until I feel like turning you in, you belong to me." He shrugged, sticking his axe in the ground with a swift skillful motion. This motherfucker-

"You're ballsy for someone who has a loud mouth like yours. I belong to fucking no one, and especially not to you." I spit, feeling the anger bubbling in my veins as I tried to keep calm. "Now, now, Dreamy-poo. Did your mom not teach you any manners?" He coed, shaking his head as he tutted in disappointment.

"My mom's fucking dead. Didn't you're mom teach you to mind your own damn business?" I smiled sarcastically as I glared at him angrily. A short-lived silence passed as I took a deep breath, before he spoke again. This time with a smile, his mask now pulled off his face. "Oh, she would've, He grinned widely, throwing a bunch of skinned rabbits on the ground in front of us before continuing.

"If I didn't kill her."