08, tainted blood

( 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, tainted blood

( 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, tainted blood. )

ROXY SALVATORE WAS OFFICIALLY IN LOVE.

𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 stayed up playing with her new pet. It obviously had a few issues - for one, it never left Roxy's side at all. She carried the puppy all the way home, and when she placed him down on the floor that night and took a few steps to the kitchen, it barked and barked and barked. And she didn't mind someone or something needing her.

She thought it would be good to give him or at least wash off any of the dirt from the forest. It wasn't as hard as Roxy thought it was going to be, she'd never had a pet before, her dad always told her that any animal she had was just going to die anyways, and he always paired it with a cruel smile so it didn't make the whole caring for something else thing easier in her mind.

Vanilla skin. It had vanilla skin and chocolate brown patched were printed over its body. The dog came out of the water and jumped towards the vampire. Even at night, it didn't want to separate from her, and it practically slept on top of her.

It suddenly dawned on her that she had a puppy with abandonment issues and she had school the next day. Thankfully there was a lady upstairs who could care for him while she was gone.

She realised that she'd gained... feelings. Towards Jared. Not romantic of course but an overwhelming need to protect him. If he got hurt, she didn't know what she'd do. Maybe only a scream could let all the pain out, but her soul would break. She was getting scared now, about her feelings or about him, she didn't know. She ripped apart her apartment trying to find a small wooden box she had brought back home from Mystic Falls.

The Gilbert ring.

Since Alaric was quite confident in his skills as a hunter - and after his whole psychotic episode - he didn't want to gaze upon it. It didn't work on Jeremy anymore because he was an actual hunter hunter now so he gave to his e for safe keeping, to give it to the right person. It was going to be Jared's now, it had to be. Somehow, he because the most important person to her.

"An early birthday present," she said.

He looked at her like she was crazy, "you're giving me a ring? I knew you liked me but marriage-"

"It's not an engagement ring you idiot," she sighed and he knew that this wasn't the time to make jokes. "Look, I didn't plan on having you know that I'm a vampire, and knowing  that comes with a lot of danger. With that whole lizard thing, if something had happened to- if you died... this ring will protect you, it'll bring you back from the dead."

"Holy shit," he muttered, inspecting the ring carefully. A thick silver band with a rectangular black jewel in the middle, a serpent in the middle.