Welcome To The Avengers

The flying was over in a matter of minutes. Eventually she felt her feet touch down on a surface. Her eyes flew open, and she was overwhelmed by what she saw. They were still thousands of feet in the air, but they were on some sort of ship.

What kind of ship can fly? She thought to herself, completely baffled. Thor noticed her expression and chuckled.

"It's called a Helicarrier. These Midgardians are quite advanced" He explained. Angela smiled. Thor ushered her forward and together they stepped through a set of automatic doors.

Angela now found herself in a rather large control room, filled with people. A few of them glanced up as they walked in, but most of them kept their eyes glued to the screens in front of them. Thor quickly ushered her through the room and into a wide hallway, once again it was filled with people. Angela opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by another's voice.

"Thor?" a man's voice sounded from a few feet away. Angela looked up to see a man trotting towards them. He was wearing rather interesting clothing, to Angela he looked like he was draped in an american flag. He stopped in front of Thor, and raised his eyebrow as he glanced over at Angela.

"I have something I think I need to discuss with the team" Thor said. Angela took a tiny step away. Thor sighed.

"Steve, this is my sister Angela" Thor said quickly. The man-Steve's- eyes widened as he looked over at Angela.

"I will fully explain to the team, would you go get them?" Thor asked.
"Yeah, of course" Steve said, and with another bewildered look he took off down the hallway.
"Who was that?" Angela questioned. Thor turned to her.

"That was Steve Rogers. He's a member of my team" he said vaguely. Angela nodded in understanding.

"Come on" Thor said. Angela reluctantly followed, not knowing what she was getting herself into.

                                                                                          * * * * * *

Eventually Thor managed to meet back up with Steve, except this time there was a group of 4 people accompanying him. Angela nervously ran her fingers through her long, black hair. Thor opened his mouth the speak, but this time he was interrupted by another voice.

"Hey what's going on over hear" a loud voice boomed. Angela flinched. Another person approached the group. He was rather tall, wore a black trench coat, and had an eyepatch over one of his eyes. He looked at Angela suspiciously. Much to her regret, she decided to glare at him. The man quickly turned to Steve.

"Captain?" he said, clearly impatient. Steve shook his head

"You're gonna have to ask Thor about this Fury" he said. The man then turned to Thor, raising his hands slightly.

"Well somebody better tell me what's going on" he said. Thor took a deep breath.

"Of course." Thor started "Something happened after my mission today. The enemy I was facing brought some-ah damage to a nearby orphanage. No one was inside except one, but she survived the destruction" he said, gesturing towards Angela. The man- Fury she had heard him be called- raised his hand to silence Thor. He turned his head to face Angela now.

"How did she survive?" he asked. Angela's eyes widened and she took a deep breath.

"I am of Asgard" she said quietly. She heard the rest of the people who were gathered behind Steve, gasp. Thor nodded.

"She is of Asgard, and she is my sister" he announced. He looked directly at the man with the eyepatch

"My father brought her down to earth with no memory of her time as a child. She is technically my age, but she was reduced to a mortal form so she does look a bit younger." Angela brought her hands up to her face, self-consciously.

"She is very powerful" he concluded. He then gave a small look at Steve, and seemed to have passed a message between them, for Steve nodded. He then turned to the rest of the group behind him, whispering a few words to them. They then gave a look to the man with the eyepatch, and he only shrugged.

"I believe introductions are in order" Steve announced. He then began gesturing around the group.

"This is Natasha Romanoff" he said pointing to the girl with short red hair, and a skintight combat suit on.

"That's Clint Barton" he said pointing to a man in a similar outfit, but with short brown hair.

"This is Bruce Banner" he said next, pointing to a rather short guy, with curly hair and a small pair of glasses.

"And that's Tony Stark" he said finally, pointing to another short guy, with short black hair and a clean shaven beard.

"And that is Director Fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D" Natasha spoke up, pointing to the man with the eyepatch. Angela cocked her head to the side.

"S.H.I.E.L.D? Is that where I am now" she asked quietly. Natasha nodded, a small smile playing on the corner of her lips. Angela grinned slightly.

"Well we made our decision" Steve announced "Any objections director?" he asked. Fury looked at Angela once more then back at the group.

"No. But this is entirely in your hands" he said. Thor nodded.

"Thank you very much" Thor said.

"Of course Sparky" Stark spoke up "If she's as powerful as you say she is, she will do fine" Thor rolled his eyes at the 'Sparky' comment but replied anyway.

"She is"

Angela beamed.

"Do fine in what, might I ask?" Angela said. This earned a chuckle from Clint.

"Our team" he said flatly.

"Team?" she said slowly.

"Yeah" Steve announced. Fury laughed, and walked up to Angela. He extended his arm towards her.

"Welcome to the Avengers"