You Can't Win Every Battle

A few hours later Angela's eyes flew open. With no nightmares to recover from this time, she gave a quick sigh of relief and quickly got up and out of her bed.

She quickly got changed, remembering that they had a mission today. Her hands flew to behind her head, and she quickly braided her hair.

Angela then quietly slipped out of her bunk, and into the lounge.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Zack walk down towards the direction of the hangar. She was planning to follow him down, when suddenly someone tapped on her shoulder. Turning around, she came face to face with Coulson. She took a step back awkwardly.

       "Sir" she remarked quickly. He nodded.

       "I just wanted to give you a reminder that the plane lands in 10 minutes. And I want you to work closely with Skye on this one." He said the last part in barely a whisper.

Angela nodded, her mind dwelling back to the disgusted look on Skye's face when Coulson mentioned her father.

Coulson quietly thanked Angela and made his own way down to the hanger.

Angela made a last second decision to head down to the lab, and made her way down the spiral staircase that lead her there.

As she walked through the two large metal doors of the lab, she was immediately greeted by Fitz.

    "Hello Angela" he said, giving her a small wave.

Angela gave him a wave back, and walked further into the lab, and jumping up onto one of the counters and sitting herself there.

"Hey Fitz" she responded. "Did you have a good sleep?" She asked.

Fitz gave off a small, but lovely laugh.

    "What's sleep?" he said jokingly. Angela gave off a laugh of her own, amused by his response.

    "Fair enough" she said. After a brief moment of silence, she spoke up again.

    "Where's Jemma?" She asked, remembering that both Jemma and Fitz were working together on this mission.

    "She is in the washroom I believe. She'll be down in a few seconds" he said, staring back down at his worktable. Angela nodded, and glanced over her shoulder towards the top of ramp that was just outside the door of the lab. The majority of the team had already gathered outside. She told Fitz she'd see him in a bit, and jumped off the counter, making her way out of the lab.

As soon as she stepped out onto the top of the ramp, she saw Skye make her way over to her.

    "Hey" Angela whispered to her S.O. Skye gave her a small smile, but before she could respond, Coulson began addressing the team.

    "When we locate the target, do not engage. Our goal is to capture, not kill" he said. Angela heard Skye grumbled beside her, her hands nervously drumming on her arm. Coulson continued to explain directions to the team, when suddenly Angela's eyes lit up, as a mischievous idea popped into her head.

After Coulson had finished speaking, Angela spoke up.

"Sir. Are we still in the air?" she asked, a smile beginning on her face. It took Coulson but a moment to understand, and he smiled back.

"We are indeed. We are making our landing approach shortly"

Angela smiled, stepping out of the circle of her other team members.

"I guess I will see you down there then" she said, laughing a bit.
She nodded to Coulson, who pulled the lever on the side of the ramp, causing the hangar door to begin to open. Angela's hand flew to her arm, making sure her bracelet was securely strapped to her wrist. Then she quickly checked to make sure her daggers were strapped to her waist.