Zack

-THE ABOVE PICTURE IS HOW I IMAGINED ZACK TO LOOK LIKE-

As the hours rolled by, Angela observed that as they got closer to New York the helicarrier was slowly losing altitude. She pushed passed the guards, and ran onto the deck. She stood at the edge, looking over the railing. They were landing in a body of water, just outside the city. As the helicarrier slowly descended she felt a presence behind her, she turned around and came face to face with Director Fury. He didn't say a word to her at first, he just walked up next to her, looking over the railing just as the helicarrier hit the water.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He said loud enough so she could hear him over the sound of the turbines. Angela stared back at the city. Thousands of people on the streets oblivious to the fact that they were about to be in the center of a galactic war. The buildings towered above the streets.

But the undeniable stench of pollution was very present. Fury must have noticed her nose crinkling at the stench.

"You get used to it" he admitted. He turned around and headed back into the control room. Angela stared at the city they were close enough to the shore for her to just about make out people's faces. She scanned the large crowds. Thousands of people pushing past each other. Rushing to get where ever they need to go.

Her eyes found a peculiar scene. A young man, with dark brown hair was holding up a small sign and a bucket. He looked like he was talking to the crowd, showing people the bucket as they passed by. No one was paying him any attention. Then, as she watched, she saw a group of older men, approach the boy.

At first Angela assumed that they were just talking, but she soon realized that they were actually yelling and laughing at the him.

One man pushed the boy into the wall, and his head smacked against the brick surface One of the men grabbed the bucket out of the boy's hands and started going through its contents. No passerby was doing anything to help, no one paid the group any attention. She saw the man approached the boy again, cracking his knuckles. Angela's eyes widened.

She jumped off the edge of the helicarrier, flying faster than she ever thought she could.

Before she knew it she threw herself in front of the boy, catching the older man's fist in her open palm. No one moved. The older man in front of her stood frozen for a moment, but eventually sneered, pushing her hand away.

"This is pathetic. You need a girl to save you?" He taunted and laughed. Angela's eyes flared.

"I suggest you shut up, because this 'girl' is two seconds away from killing you" she growled. The man only laughed. He gestured to his friends a few feet away from them. They surged forward, grabbing the boy.

"Suit yourself" she whispered.
She threw herself at the man in front of her, punching him square in the face. He stumbled backwards. Angela thrust out her hand in front of her, bright green energy erupting from her fingers. It shot forward nailing the guy in the chest. He fell face-first on the sidewalk, the people walking just stepped over him. Angela quickly whirled around, accessing the situation behind her. The boy was trying to fight back against the other two men, but the odds were not in his favor. Angela rushed forward, separating one man from him, giving him a better fighting chance. She pushed him away, and sent a bolt of her green energy through his chest. He fell to the ground unconscious. She spun around in time to see the boy take down the third man. She grinned.

He looked back at the first man, as he slowly rose from the ground.

"Grab the bucket" she yelled "We need to run"

The boy nodded grabbing the bucket. Then they sprinted down through the streets.

They finally made it to a large park. Angela sighed in relief, she walked over to an empty patch of grass and sat down.

"What just happened?" he asked, slumping down on the ground. Angela didn't answer.

"Ok, well thank you anyway" he said. Angela nodded, looking down at the grass. She didn't turn to look at him

"What's the bucket for?" she asked randomly.

"Oh. I was raising money for animal adoption center that was destroyed in the battle of New York a few years ago. We are rebuilding it" he explained without question.

"The battle of New York?" she asked. He raised an eyebrow

"You must know about the Battle of New York. You're wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform" he pointed out.

"I am not technically a part of S.H.I.E.L.D" she said. He didn't question it further.

"Loki? The Chitauri? You must have heard something." Angela froze

"Loki?" she asked, her voice breaking as she spoke her brothers name. The boy didn't seem to notice, for he only nodded. He snapped his fingers as if remembering something.

"I never asked your name" he states. Angela sighed.

"Angela" she said simply. He nodded.

"I'm Zack" he said. Angela grinned slightly, but the smile faded quickly.

"You said, Loki. He attacked this city before?" she asked folding her hands together. Zack nodded.

"Two years ago" he replied. Angela sighed.

"Odin save us" she whispered. She then stood up

"I must return to S.H.I.E.L.D" she stated. Zack stood up with her, she spun her head towards him.

"I need to warn you Zack" she said quickly. "Loki is returning to New York, today. With a small army, but I would feel better if you and your people flee the city" she said.

"I'll try to convince the people at the adoption center to evacuate the animals" he muttered.

"And you will get out as well" Angela said, her eyes narrowing. Zack laughed slightly.

"Maybe" he replied. Angela frowned.

"Be careful Zack" she said, and shot up into the air, making her way back to the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier.

"You too" he whispered as she flew away.