Chapter One

My head was pounding. My feet ached. My hands were numb. My neck hurt....

Someone's hand touched my forehead. Another checked my pulse on my arm. I couldn't see anything. I tried to speak. No words came out.
"Is she okay?" A worried voice said.
"I'm not sure sweetheart." A woman said. Then silence.
"When will you find out?" The first voice asked.
"Honey, I'm not sure. We will have to be patient and wait and see." The woman said. The first voice sounded like Chase, I thought. But then I remembered Blake talking to me in front of a huge building.
"Alex, I know you don't want to, but after your fall in the tunnel, Austin biting you, and not getting any treatment, your going down there." Going down where? I thought.
The treatment room. Something in my conscience clicked on. I was in a treatment room. Doctors! I hate doctors! Get me out of here! I wanted to yell.
"Nurse!" Someone yelled. Chase.
"Oh dear!" The nurse yelled. A few hands held me down. I must've been thrashing. I thought. I wanted to wake up. I wanted to wake up now. I used all of my strength to open my eyes. I was in a room with white walls, a white ceiling and a white floor. Just like the room Austin locked me in with all of those monitors. I managed to open my mouth and scream. I kicked my feet. A nurse came over to me and I hit her in the face.
"Calm down!" I heard Blake. I couldn't see him. He came around the edge of the bed, Chase coming around the other. They each grabbed an arm and held it down.
"Alex! Your okay!" Chase said. I stopped kicking and relaxed.
"Get... Me... Out..." I said. A strand of my black hair falling in front of my eye.
The nurse came around the end of the bed. She looked older.
"The more relaxed and come you stay," she started, "the faster you'll be let out." She said. I did what I was told and relaxed. Blake and Chase pulled a chair up to me.
"Where's Abby?" I asked just noticing she wasn't here. Chase looked at Blake.
"Where's Abby!" I said louder. Blake answered.
"She couldn't stop screaming when she saw them taking you..." Blake said.
"And where is she!" I said.
"They... Had to take her." Blake said.
"Take her where?" I said.
"A treatment room to calm her down." Blake said. I looked over at Chase not believing Blake, but Chase just nodded.
"When will I be let out?" I asked. This time Blake shot Chase a look.
"We aren't playing games! When am I being let out!?" I said slamming my fists down on the bed. Chase answered.
"Well.. Uh... You're still a Slayer..."
I covered my face with my hands and just sat there.
"They couldn't do any treatments on you when you weren't awake..." Chase said. I shook my head.
"How are they going to fix it?" I asked them.
"They needed to find a blood donor and you're going to need an operation to take the Slayer out of you and replace it with Shadower." Chase said.
"So who's my donor?" I asked. The nurse pulled back the curtain of the next patient over and I gasped.
"Dad?!"