Chapter Eight

Hey guys, so, what do you guys think? Alex and Blake? Or Alex and Chase? We need some names. Blax? Chalex? C'mon! I need some help!!!
---------------------------------------------
I woke up to my hand weakly hanging on to Chase's strong dry hand. Our fingers were still intertwined. I crawled over to him and peeked over his shoulder. His eyes were still closed. I went to stand up and instantly fell right down, right on top of Chase.

His eyes flashed open and his hand immediately went to his gun on the ground beside him.

"Chase! It's Alex!" I screamed throwing my hands up.

"Alex, what are you doing?" Chase asked setting the gun back down and lying back down to face me on his side.

"Oh... Umm... I got hungry, so I was going to see what we had for food. And I really have to pee." I said, bobbing up and down to make it look more realistic.

Chase rolled over to sit up.
"Ugggh.... Seriously, can't you wait to heal?" He asked, scrunching up his face.

"Here, just help me onto my feet, and I can take it from there..." I said reaching my hand up.

Chase stood up and reached his hand down to me. He grabbed my good hand and pulled me up. I was sure to balance on my good leg and keep my bad arm in one place in its little support. I saw that it was made from cloth and rope. Huh... I took one step, and my head instantly started pounding, sending the world spinning. Then a picture shot through my head. It was Austin. He was in the woods. He was at the rubble of the old Vampire Community. He was still alive.

I gasped and fell to the ground. I tried to breathe but no air could come to my lungs. I fell forward onto my hands and knees and started gasping for breath. Chase followed me to the ground and knelt beside me, with his hand on my back. He lifted one of my hands off the ground and held it in is hand, worriedly.

"Alex... Alex.. What's going on. Mr. And Mrs.Kohl! Abby! Quick! Alex, just try to breathe." He said. I felt his hand tightening around my hand.

I shook my head helplessly. What was wrong with me? I took what I thought was my last breath when something ran up to me and jabbed me in the arm.

All of my muscles relaxed and I tried to take a breath. Air came into my lungs and I stood up.

"Mr.Kohl? What happened?" Chase asked standing up beside me. He was carefully holding my arm, like I was a porcelain doll, he didn't want to break.

"I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is some sort of poison. Something or someone must've found our camp in the middle of the night and tried killing Alex, by poisoning her. That way leaving her unable to breathe, and I can tell they tried to make the effects earlier in the morning so no one could hear or see Alex to help her." My dad said pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"Well, then we have to get out of here." Chase said, wrapping his arm around me.

I wasn't going to tell any of them about the vision for now, not until I figured out what was going on myself.

I looked around our tiny camp and saw that there was one tent left to pack, then we were on our way. Abby jogged over to the tent, taking it apart piece by piece and stuffing it in a medium size bag.

Chase bent down in front of me and turned his head to look at me. I knew what this meant. I jumped onto his back and hung my injured arm in front of his shoulder so it wouldn't get crushed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said, drawing in a shuddering breath.

"We should be at the shelter within a few days, then they can really help you heal." Chase said. He looked really worried for me. I didn't want him to be though. I shrugged it off and leaned my head against the back of his neck and drifted back asleep.