Chapter Two

"Before we do your blood work and surgery, you need to heal up for a day." The nurse said.
"You have a concussion from your fall in the tunnels." She added. I nodded and laid my head back.
"Your operation will be at 10:00 in the morning." The nurse said writing on a clipboard.
"What time is it now?" I asked. She pointed her pen at my nightstand. I looked over. 8:54 pm.
"B-but that's not even a full day!" I said. I turned to face the nurse but she was gone. There was a knock on my door. Abby came in. She pulled a third chair out. I was surrounded by three of my best friends.
"Pretty neat that your parents are vampires huh?" Abby said.
"I know!" I said. We all say there for a while taking it all in.
"Well, goodnight. I'm really tired and I have a perfectly fine bed waiting for me in my treatment room." Abby said giving me a hug. She walked out the door in her hospital gown.
"Chase. If you'd just give me a minute with Alex..." Blake said.
"Of course!" Chase said pushing his chair to the side and walking out the door also. Blake looked at me.
"I'm sorry Alex about what happened with your parents!" Blake said. "I'm sorry and I just... Can't believe what happened. Honestly, when I first was sent to take you from your house, I thought it was just another mission. But I like how we became friends like this." He said blushing. Okay. I have to admit I blushed a lot too. I was speechless.
"I'm gonna go get some water." He said stepping out of the room. Chase walked back in and took a seat.
"Blake and you aren't..." Chase started.
"Oh! No! Of course not!" I said blushing again.
"Oh. Okay good!" Chase said. His face turned red and he turned away. Then I remembered what Abby said about Blake and Chase.
"I'm gonna go find a place to stay." Chase said running out the door. Which left me by myself in the dark.