Chapter Five: Blake

I ran in after him. The walls of the building were caving in. The dust was still settling.
"Blake!" We both yelled, cupping our hands. Something crashed.
"Blake?" I said, seeing a figure crumpled in the corner.
"Blake!" I yelled nervously. Chase blocked his arm across me. Almost shielding me.
"Go away! Get away from me!" Blake's voice said. The figure was looking at me. It was Blake. I was sure. But something looked different.... I gasped. His eyes were a deep red, instead of his light crystal blue. Chase pulled me behind him.
"Blake! I can't believe you! You- you trader! You liar! I trusted you. We trusted you!" Chase said.
"Guys it's not what it seems!" Blake said taking a step closer. I spoke up.
"It's not what it seems?!" I yelled coming from behind Chase. Blake fell to his knees on the cold concrete floor. I heard crying.
"You should feel bad! You could've...- you might've killed someone!" Chase yelled.
"C'mon." Chase said turning away. I took one last look at Blake, crying on the floor, and walked out of the building.
My friends and family's heads shot up as Chase and I walked out of the rubble. No one else, just Chase and I. They looked at us with hopeful looks. I shook my head and sat down on a rock. I pulled a water bottle out of my bag. I tipped my head back and splashed some on my face. It felt so good after a week of no showering.
"Well, we better get going." My mom said standing up. I nodded shoving my bottle back in my bag. I looked over at Abby and Chase. Their heads hung low. I walked over to them.
"We have to just push him into the past. If he wanted to be a slayer, so be it, he wanted to, there is nothing we can do about it." Abby and Chase shrugged. I sighed.
"What?" I asked. Abby spoke.
"We've known him longer than you... I've never seen him act like this." She said.
"Well, me neither. I know I haven't known him as long as you, but I think something's up. He said in that room that 'it wasn't what it seems." I said.
"Well, we're gonna find out!" Abby said cheerfully. I laughed at Abby's encouragement and we all ran to catch up with my parents.