Chapter Seven:

"Alex! Alex! Wake up! Alex!" I heard someone saying. They were shaking my shoulders. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times.

"Ch-chase...?" I muttered. My vision started blurring again, and my body felt cold and limp.

"Alex! Alex please... Please Alex. Stay with me. Stay with me girl." I saw tears stream down Chase's face as he brushed my hair from my eyes with his thumb. Both of his hands were clasped around both sides of my face.

As my vision blurred even more, his hands grabbed my face harder and harder. I slowly opened my mouth to speak.

"Chase... I want you to remember... If anything.... Happens to me... I want you to keep pushing forward... Fight the Slayers... They took our lives... Now it's our time to take theirs..." I said.

Pain was shooting up my arm and my head was pounding. Was it the pain? Or my heartbeat?

Chase just shook his head. He took a deep breath and wiped tears off his face with the back of his hand. I noticed it was blood stained. Was it from me?

"Alex. You're going to live! I know you are. Alex, I... I love you Alex. I want you to remember that." He said. He gasped and crumpled in a ball on the ground.

Abby knelt down next to him and put her hand on his back. Chase relaxed and turned to me. There was blood on his t-shirt on his stomach. I had to ask.

"Am... Am I okay? Are- are you okay?" I asked.

Chase crawled over to me on his knees. He lied on his back, like I was, staring up at the stars.

"Alexandra.... Stop worrying. You're fine, we're all fine. Abby and I covered up your wounds and tied your arm up. A gun went off and the bullet went through your already broken arm. After Blake tackling you, he gave you another concussion. And your leg got severely burned when the explosion went off setting the woods on fire. Abby and I had to put it out. It caught your pants on fire." Chase said. He didn't seem the least bit worried, but that made me even more worried.

"And that tells you I'm all right?" I asked with a weak giggle.

"Hey, I was trying to lighten up the mood." He said.

"Yeah, but you never answered... My other question," I said.

"And that waaasss... Sorry, Short term memory loss, you gotta help a friend out." He said with a chuckle.

"Are you okay?" I asked, breath getting back to me.

Chase turned his head to me and smiled.

"As long as we're all together, I'm okay." He said.

"And we're all together..." I said staring into his ice blue eyes.

"Which means, I'm okay, we're all okay." He said. He reached his hand out and I clasped my fingers with his.

"We're okay." I whispered.

"That we are." He said, staring up at the stars.