Chapter Three

I woke up to a nurse wheeling me out of the room I was staying in.
"Good morning!" She said. A fake smile slid across her face.
"G' morning" I said wiping my eyes.
"We did your fathers blood work and we're ready for your operation." She said pushing me into a room. Blood. I thought.
Blood.
Blood.
B-
"Alex!" A voice said.
"Mom!" I yelled. She ran up to me and gave me a hug. I gasped.
"Are you okay?! And where's Caleb?" I asked worried. She had cuts and bruises all over her.
"Im okay! And Caleb is in the waiting room." She said rubbing her elbow. I started crying right their. I kept telling myself not to but it burned inside me.
"Mom, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I said in her shoulder.
"Shh... Honey it's okay. I'm alive." She said in a whisper.
"Are you guys ready?" A nurse said wheeling me into a connected room. I nodded and took a deep breath.
"Okay. My name is Doctor Sykes." A man walked into the room with a white lab coat. I was surprised to see blood all over his lab coat. He didn't seem to mind. He must've seen me staring.
"Oh what this?" He said pointing at his coat.
"It's just blood from the past surgeries." He said. My jaw dropped. A nurse wheeled me into the center of the room. Doctor Sykes took a seat next to the table on a wheelie chair. He had a needle. I was deathly afraid of needles.
"No!" I said moving over.
"It's just going to be a little pinch and you'll fall asleep." He said.
"No!" I repeated lifting up my hand to knock the needle out of his own hand. He motioned to the back wall of nurses. Two men in scrubs walked over and grabbed my arms. He took the needle and put it in my arm. I cried out. I closed my eyes and waited for him to pull it out but he didn't so I ripped it out of my arm. Doctor Sykes glared at me. His eyes turned red. My mom ran over to me.
"Let go of her!" She said her fangs shooting out from under her lip. Nobody moved so she jumped at Doctor Sykes slashing her nails into his neck. He fell out of his chair and onto the floor gasping for air. Next, she took down the two men holding me down. Doing the same, drilling her nails into their throats. I stood up. My dad came running into the room. There was a line of nurses on the back wall. The door bursted open. Caleb, Abby, Chase, and Blake ran into the room.
"Take 'em down!" Abby said enjoying every second. She pulled stakes from her boots. She tossed me a bunch and ran around throwing them.
One by one, Slayers were falling to their knees. One bigger vampire came running at Abby.
"No! Abby!" I screamed throwing a stake. I crossed my fingers and hoped it didn't hit Abby. I heard Abby scream. I opened my eyes.
"Omigosh! Alex! You almost hit me!" Abby said. "Oh, but you nailed that vampire in the face!" She said laughing at the limp vampire on the floor.
"That was the last of them in here." My dad said taking a bag off his back. He pulled out a needle.
"Alex, I know you don't like needles, but this will take two seconds. You'll finally be a Shadower again." He said walking closer.
"Fine." I said nervously sitting down in a chair. My mom started passing around matching clothes for everyone. It was a black one piece suit with red here and there. I was paying attention to what everyone else was doing when there was a pinch in my arm. I flinched and closed my eyes.
"Done!" My dad said pulling the needle out. My fangs went back into my mouth. Unlike Shadower Vampires, Slayers fangs stay out all the time. My mom threw me a suit matching hers and everyone else's.
"Hurry!" She said clipping a gun to her boot. I ran into a small closet and got changed. The suit was stretchy, like the rest of the outfits I had been wearing. It had long sleeves and it went down to my ankles. It was skin tight. I pulled my pocket knife out of my bag. I grabbed a bunch of hair and sliced threw it in the back making it ear height. I cut part of my bangs off, making them side bangs. Then I threw my bag around and on my back.
"This is it, this is who I am. The real Alexandra Kohl." I said. Marching out of the small room.