Bella

❝ If you think I'm pretty

If you think I'm pretty

You should see me in a crown

I'm gonna run this nothing town

Watch me make 'em bow

One by one by one

Jo didn't really remember much about Bella Swan, to be honest. She remembered vague snippets of scenes from memories with little to no context left lingering in her mind.

Upon receiving news of Bella's arrival in Forks, Jacob and their father, Billy, were practically flying out the door to go welcome her to Forks. And Jo honestly would have joined them, she would've... she just had other things in her mind. Things so significant to Jo that reuniting with Bella Swan could wait for.

So, for a little while, Jo just had to settle for listening to Jacob endlessly gush over the Swan girl over dinner.

"And she's super smart too," Jacob rambled, "She said this one thing a—"

"Okay, okay, that's quite enough, for now, Jake," Billy chuckled, patting his son on the back as he wheeled himself to the kitchen to leave his plate in the sink, "I think Jo's a little fed up, now."

Jo, sitting with her hands tightly pressed to her ears, gripping the hair that hung over them in an effort to block out the sound of Jacob's nauseating love sickness.

"Oh, we past "fed up" during the chapter on why her hair is pretty," she groaned, earning a laugh from her dad and a kick to the shin from Jacob— which she happily returned.

Jacob continued to rave on about Bella as Jo made her way to the sink where her dad had started with the dishes.

"Dad, do me a favour and kindly tear my ears off please," she requested politely, sarcasm masking the exhaustion she still carried with her since what happened on the beach.

"Only if you tear mine off first," he replied, actually getting a laugh out of Jo.

It was moment like this — where her Dad was making funny faces and making her laugh while her brother was being a more tolerable sort of annoying — that made Jo forget about all the bad stuff and all the resentment she held towards her family, even if it was for just a moment or two.

It seemed that almost dying did Jo some good. Because she'd had a pretty great day. She was productive, she got to rest, she was getting along with her family. Everything seemed to be coming up Jo. And just to add to her joy, later that evening she got got a call from Edward Cullen, himself.