10- This is my seat.

"What?"

"I said that 18A is my seat. You know... the window seat? I need to get through. Excuse me", Adrien says.

I'm hesitant, but I nod slightly and move my legs over so he can go into the seat next to me. Once he sits down and puts his things down, he gets comfortable and harsh tension fills the area. I decide to move by getting up off of the middle seat and moving to the edge seat.

"You didn't have to move, you know", he says randomly, startling me.

"It's fine. I'm better here", I reply with a monotone.

Why am I being like this? I was just talking about how I was going to apologize to him for being aggressive but here I am doing the same thing again. Well, he doesn't necessarily sound happy either so I guess it's fine. I just hope someone else joins us in the row to make it less awkward. But of course, to my disadvantage, my whole class is already sat down from what I can see. Everyone's just getting comfortable for the long plane ride.

We are both silent for the remainder of this time, with the tension getting harder to ignore. This is hard man. It's so awkward, but at the same time, it's not.

"Good morning passengers, we will be departing to the Los Angeles airport in a couple of minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts as shown on the screen in front of you", the flight attendant says. She then repeats that in two other languages.

On the little screen in front of me, it shows a little preview of how to put on your seatbelt correctly. I follow the directions and fasten my seatbelt. As soon as I do this, I can feel the plane start to roll forward, getting ready for take-off. I do a little bit of searching on the little screen and come to a panel where it shows the world map and where our destination is. This is really cool. 

When we went to New York, I didn't really explore the little tablets in front of the seats. It says that the plane ride is going to take about 11 hours. 

"Cool huh?", a voice next to me says.

I look over to see Adrien talking to me. My eyebrows knit in confusion, but then again I don't know why I'm confused, it's not like we were going to stay silent the entire 11 hours.

"Yeah, it's really neat", I blabber.

As soon as I finish my sentence, the plane leaves the ground, and we're in the air. Like the last time I was on a plane, for the first couple of seconds we had some turbulence. I grab on tightly to the armrests for my seat.

"It's just turbulence, we'll be fine", Adrien says.

"I know, it just gets me nervous", I say.

"Remember the last time we were on a plane and the turbulence hit", he laughs. "You fell right on me."

I cringe just thinking about it.

"Yes, I remember. Gosh, I'm so sorry about that. Not my best moment", I reply.

"I miss what we used to be Marinette... I'm sorry that I ruined everything with that damn trip", he says.

I stay silent for a couple of seconds. He misses what we used to be?  Was I more than a friend to him before he went on that trip?

"What do you mean what we used to be? Also.. why did you leave? Why didn't you tell us that you were leaving, or even tell us goodbye? I thought all of us deserved more than that", I say.

"How good of friends we used to be."

Never frickin mind.

"I left because my father arranged a last-minute trip for an opportunity for me in the United States. We went to New York again. It was really late in the night and notifying anyone just left my mind", he continues. "My calls never went through because you guys were somehow blocked on my cell. I swear I have no idea how that happened. I just thought you guys hated me, I'm sorry for everything I caused Marinette."

I sigh. Now I feel really bad for going off the way I did. It still doesn't heal those 6 months of pain but I'm less mad now. I look at him and he's looking at me with a pained look on his face.

"...It's okay Adrien. I understand why now. I'm sorry for yelling at you and creating this whole big scene in front of everyone back at school. I was still pissed and didn't even think of asking you for an explanation."

He laughs and looks at me with a smile on his face.

"I guess we both did some things wrong, huh?"

I giggle and nod my head until another question pops in my head and I can't help but ask.

"I still have one question though.. why did Lila go with you?"

"Well, that wasn't exactly my choice. Since we've had a photoshoot together in the past, the photographers and designers in New York asked for a female partner to be in the shoots with me. So my father asked Lila's parents if she could come along with us", he stops for a second, then continues. "We were only planning to stay for two weeks. Those two weeks turned into 4 weeks, and then those 4 weeks turned into multiple months."

I nod my head slowly while processing all of this new information.

"So you guys being together for all of that time eventually brought you two together to... date?", I ask.

"Well, yes", he hesitates. "Lila always seemed to have a thing for me, although she would deny it to 'not seem like other girls'. I just ended up giving her a chance."

Hearing that sentence stings. If he would've stayed, would I have had a chance too? He doesn't exactly sound that happy about being with Lila.

Marinette, you're with Luka now, you shouldn't even be thinking about that, dumbass.

My inner voice has a point.

"Well, thank you for explaining", I say. "I feel a lot better now."

"I hope we can be friends again Marinette. It would suck to lose a friend like you again", he says.

I let out a small laugh.

"Of course we can be friends again. But hey, don't think you're getting off of the hook that easily. I'm still somewhat mad at you, six months was a lot", I joke.

He laughs with me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I swear I'll make it up to you."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~