13~ Roomies!

"Adrien? ...This is your room too?"

"Yeah! Why? Is there something wrong?"

Well, duh. There's only one bed. 

"Oh- No! No problem at all. Glad to have a roommate!", I say.

He smiles and goes back into the bathroom to grab his suitcase. 

"I assumed that I was going to get the room alone", he jokes as he brings his stuff into the main room and puts them on a chair. 

"Me too!"

He shrugs and turns towards me.

"It's alright. I'm just glad it was you and not anyone else. That would've been difficult."

I giggle and nod.

"Although, the thing that is going to be difficult is Lila... I don't think she's going to take it well that we're roommates for the trip", I mention.

"Yeah... you're right. I was really thinking about it on the bus though. I might end it once and for all later today. I'm tired of being in a relationship with her. It drains me more than I'm already drained at home", he says.

I frown. He's not okay at home. I wish I could help. I wish I could give him that love that he's missing. 

Marinette, stop. 

What? It's true! He seems like he's majorly emotionally abused and neglected at home. 

"Well, if you want my opinion, I say to do whatever feels best for you", I reply.

"Thanks, Marinette."

We both smile and the tension in the room starts to rise.

"Well, I'm going to shower before we meet up with the entire class", I say while grabbing the things I'll need from my suitcase.

"Okay, I'll be out here watching TV", he replies.

I nod and he flops on the bed and turns on the TV. I go into the bathroom and close the door behind me. Tikki then comes out of my pocket.

"What a roommate!", she says giggling.

I nod my head and giggle.

"I thought I was going to get Alya as a roommate, but Adrien is fine too. I guess this just allows us to make up for all of that lost time!", I reply to the kwami.

"I'm very proud of you, Marinette. In just a matter of days, you've become a more positive person."

I feel myself starting to tear up at this sentence. I'm happy right now.

"Tikki, you need to stop making me cry. I need to shower", I say giggling and wiping a tear from my eye. She nods and goes to rest in my bag while I shower.

Once I get out, I wrap one towel around my hair and one for my body. I feel super refreshed. An hour on a bus and then an 11-hour plane ride makes you feel kinda gross. I check my phone to look at the time. We have exactly 45 minutes until we have to meet up with the class downstairs. I wonder what we're going to do! Go to the beach? A mall? Visit the heart of Los Angeles? It's all so exciting. 

After a couple of minutes, I take the towel off of my hair and look for my brush to dry it, and put it in my usual hairstyle. I forgot my damn brush in my suitcase. How did I grab everything but that? How will I grab it when I'm literally just in a towel? This sucks. 

I take a deep breath and open the door and walk towards my luggage on the bed. Adrien fell asleep. Did I take that long? 

I grab my brush and hairbands from the bag and slowly reach for the control on the bed. I grab it and turn the TV off. The sound stops, startling Adrien, causing him to wake up. He pops his head up and looks at me with wide eyes. He looks down at the towel wrapped around my body and then looks away.

"Sorry! I didn't know you were in your towel!", he says while looking the other way.

"Sorry for waking you up, I was just trying to turn off the TV to let you sleep. I'll get back to the bathroom now", I say while rushing back in and closing the door behind me again.

I let out the big breath that I was holding and continue to change and get ready. I hope that wasn't awkward. It's just a towel, whatever. I put on my polka-dot bikini under my clothes, just in case we end up going to the beach and top it off with some shorts and a cute blouse. Perfect. I do my hair as I always do and I'm ready. I check the time once more and I'm right on time. 10 minutes before we have to go, perfect.

(Adrien's POV)

I was having a good dream. When I try to remember it, it's me, Marinette, Nino, and Alya getting ice cream at Andre's ice cream. Alya and Nino are sharing one and Marinette and I are-

I get woken up by the TV noise turning off. I hate how I wake up for the smallest things and can never fall back asleep. I jump up from being startled and see Marinette with the control in her hand and with a stunned look on her face. Her hair is wet and when I look down I realize that she's in her towel.

A towel

My eyes grow wide and I look away to the other side of the room. I did this for two reasons. 

1. To not make her uncomfortable nor be disrespectful.

2. To hide my red-ass face.

"Sorry! I didn't know you were in your towel!", I manage to say.

"Sorry for waking you up, I was just trying to turn off the TV to let you sleep. I'll get back to the bathroom now", she replies.

I nod quickly and feel my face getting hotter. I hear the door of the bathroom close and let out the breath that I was holding. Thank God she didn't see me.

Adrien, what on Earth was that?

I check my phone to look at the time and it's almost time to leave. I fix my hair, put on swimshorts with a normal tee (just in case we go swimming), and change into a different pair of shoes. I'm ready. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~