17- Skin 2 skin

(Marinette's POV)

We have both changed into our pajamas, taking turns using the bathroom whenever we need it. It's really late. I'm setting up the bed for us to sleep until Adrien interrupts me.

"What are you doing with the pillows?", he asks with a confused expression.

Currently, I'm using the extra pillows to make us a barrier to staying on our sides. It's a big bed but hey, I'm not taking any risks today.

"Making a pillow wall in the middle of the bed, why?"

"Is that really necessary?"

"It's just so that we stay on our designated sides, that's all", I point out.

His lips turn down for a second, but he nods and continues to do what he was doing before. Our hotel room is surprisingly big, which still baffles me because there's only one bed. I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of it but Alya and I sleeping in the same bed is way different than sleeping in the same bed as Adrien. 7 months ago I would've been shitting my pants right now because I couldn't even form a proper sentence around this guy. I finish making the pillow wall with just a couple of pillows. Adrien finishes what he was doing, which looks like organizing his clothes, and he comes up to the bed, about to get on it.

"Oh, Marinette, I wanted to ask. How's your face?"

"Huh?", I say confused. "My face?"

"Sorry, I meant, is your face okay from what happened earlier? Lila hitting you?"

"Oh! Yes, I'm fine, thanks. It was just a little slap, nothing to worry about. I deserved it. I did hit her first- back at school, remember?"

He nods and gets in bed, putting the sheets over him and getting comfortable. I turn off the light and do the same. Looking towards the end of the room, the only thing I can see is the bright moon's light coming through the closed curtains. It's a beautiful night.

The room is completely silent until he breaks the silence and turns to face me.

"Marinette, do you hate me?"

Without thinking about it, I start laughing and shake my head.

"No, why would you think that? I thought we were okay now", I reply.

"I just wanted to check", he says.

"If you say so. I don't hate you Adrien", I reassure him. "I think I'm going to sleep now, though. It's late and I'm pooped. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight", he replies.

~ ~ ~ ~

My eyes flutter open, trying to focus since the room is really bright. Those curtains literally suck. They're so thin that the sunlight is literally beaming through as if I were right in front of it. I open my eyes completely and yawn. I turn to the side to see if Adrien is still asleep, but instead, I get a face full of blonde hair. What?

I tilt my head back a little to see what position he's in. His face is buried in my shoulder and his arm is extended around my torso.

So much for that pillow wall.

How did I not feel the weight of his arm around me? That's weird. I wonder for how long we were like this. If someone were to walk in right now, that would look very very bad. I poke him a little to wake him up.

(Adrien's POV)

"Adrien", a gentle voice calls. "Adrien!"

Is this a dream? Ladybug?

"Adrien!", the voice says louder. I jump and wake up.

Oh, it was Marinette.

I open my eyes and I'm sleeping face down, half of my face being on a pillow and the other half her shoulder. My arm is wrapped around her torso. Once I realize that I completely ignored the pillow border, I jump off from on top of her and sit up.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know I was on you!", I say.

She giggles and for some reason it automatically makes me feel a lot better.

"It's okay", Marinette assures me. "I just wanted to get up and shower. I didn't wanna move you myself. Sorry about that."

"No no, it's my fault. You can go shower. I'll be here", I say.

She nods and gets up from the bed. I take a little bit of time to stretch while she grabs her things from her bag and then enters the bathroom. Once I hear the door close, I get up from the and start to make the bed.

I'm so stupid. How could I sleep all up on Marinette like that? She never seems bothered by anything I do, which is weird, but I'm not complaining. Plagg flies out from my suitcase and comes up to me.

"You have such a troubled heart, Adrien", he says while holding a small chunk of camembert. "I wish I could say the same, but the only thing my heart is troubled for is different types of cheese!"

He stuffs the cheese in his mouth and I nod my head.

"Oh be quiet, I'm not that confusing. Plus, I have no idea what you're talking about. I just accidentally moved in my sleep, that's all", I reply.

"You know deep down that wasn't an accident! Before you left, you had a giant crush on both Marinette and Ladybug, then you went and dated that psychological liar, and now that crush on Marinette is back again?", he points out.

I guess I am a little troubled in this area.

"Those crushes never went away Plagg", I said while throwing the pillows on the bed. "I dated Lila to give her a chance. I thought that maybe she had changed for the better but I was wrong. I was planning on confessing to Marinette about my feelings, but that's when my dad had us leave for the United States. I never got the chance to tell her how I felt. I'll always love her, and Ladybug, too, of course. But, Marinette has Luka now."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEHEHEHE HOW DO YALL FEEL ABOUT ADRIEN'S FEELINGS GETTING REVEALED?? If you're a little bit confused, him and Marinette got extremely close a while back, but he never got the chance to confess to her before he left! (those feelings never went away (; ) But of course, yall know me, so something will interfere with all of this soon.

Anyways, sorry for not posting for a little while! I've been super busy, but I finally organized and got used to my new schedule, so I'm back to posting daily now! Have a good day guys (:

Much love xx