22~ I miss you

(Marinette's POV)

After the encounter with Luka, I take a lot of time to just cry. In the span of two days, I went from being the happiest I could ever be and now I'm crying in an airplane bathroom. Tikki comes out of my bag to console me and make me feel better. 

"It's okay Marinette, maybe when you get back home he'll agree to talk to you. Remember, it hasn't been that long since everything happened. He just needs a little bit of time to be sad", the little kwami says. 

"I know. I just feel like I'm hurting him more since he doesn't know the entire story", I reply. 

She frowns and hugs my cheek. This makes me giggle a little bit and I wipe my tears. I use the small sink in the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I look like I'm grieving someone. 

After I get it together and leave the bathroom, I decide to sleep for almost the entire plane ride. I haven't gotten proper sleep, so this did me good. The plane ride was long anyway and there was nothing to do. The second we arrive at the airport in Paris, it's dark outside and the clock reads 9 pm. Miss Bustier let us know that our parents would be picking us up at the airport instead of at school. 

As soon as I see my parents waiting for me, I feel like sobbing all over again. It's so good to see them. I run up to them and give them the biggest hugs and we go home.

Finally. 

Once I open the door to my room, I set my things down and flop on my desk chair. It feels good to be back. 

To be honest, I wouldn't have gone if I knew that the trip was going to end up like this. I take out my phone and go to my text messages. The last text that Luka sent me yesterday breaks my heart. 

'I'm so excited to see u soon <3'

I take a deep breath and start moving my fingers across the keyboard to type out a sentence. 

'Can we please talk? Please. U need to know the full story. Let me know.'

Surprisingly, seconds later the message is marked as seen. He leaves me on seen for a couple of minutes. Being left on seen makes me so anxious. What is he going to say? Is he just going to ignore me?

My phone dings and a message from him comes in. I take a breath of relief.

'K. I'll pass by the bakery tomorrow in the morning.'

I reply with a thumbs-up emoji and set my phone down on my desk. 

I sit there for a while with my mind completely blank. Tikki is eating a macaroon while sitting on the edge of my computer. 

"Tikki, I haven't been Ladybug in a couple of days. I miss it. Also, I miss Cat Noir", I say out of nowhere.

Do I?

Honestly, yes. Throughout everything that's happened, he's the only one I've been truly able to forgive and talk to normally, other than Luka, but we know what's going on with that right now. Awe, my kitty. 

"Well, you know the words!", she says cheerfully while putting the last bite of macaroon in her mouth. 

I smile and get up off of the chair. 

"Tikki, spots on!"

Like always, I transform into Ladybug. Sometimes, I wish I could stay in this red suit forever. Everyone loves me like this. Ladybug doesn't have any issues with anyone and is cherished all around Paris. Marinette... well, I don't even want to talk about that. Marinette has too many issues going on in her life right now. I deserve this break. 

I climb up onto my balcony and take out my bug phone. It's extremely unlikely that he's in costume, but I attempt to call Cat anyways. 

'Cat got your tongue? Leave a message!'

Yup, just like expected. Either way, I want to take a stroll. It's a gorgeous night and there's a full moon today. 

(Adrien's POV)

As soon as I get home, my father doesn't even greet me. Nathalie just comes up to me to tell me my schedule for tomorrow. Nothing new

It seems like she notices the cuts on my face, but she doesn't say anything. She'll probably just go tell my father for him to yell at me later.

I walk up to my room quickly and turn on my light. Although, it wasn't needed much since the bright full moon lights up the streets of Paris. 

I sigh and set my things down on my bed. Great, I'm home. 

I sink into my soft bed and stare at the high ceiling. Plagg takes out a piece of cheese from one of my cabinets and eats it while beside me.

"Plagg, could you maybe eat that farther away from me? I'm gonna stink like camembert", I say.

"That's offensive to the camembert, it smells like gooey-deliciousness, Adrien. It's beautiful- Look, there's your masked sweetheart jumping on buildings", he points out.

"Huh?", I say while sitting up.

He's right. I catch Ladybug swinging by with her yo-yo. Maybe I should join her for the night. I miss her. 

"I know what you're thinking, wait 'til I'm done eating", Plagg says.

I sit until he's done and finally transform. 

"Plagg, claws out!"

I transform into Cat Noir, my only escape from this hell house. I jump out of my window and follow my beautiful lady. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~