28~ A hard battle

(Marinette's POV)

We make our way over to the loud crash in the stadium. We couldn't even spend more than an hour as a couple before Hawkmoth strikes again, which is what I'm guessing. It has to be another akumatized villain.

Oh my gosh. Cat Noir and I are a couple. I would always tell myself to not fall into the temptation of liking him but I guess I did. I feel like Cat Noir is someone that I can be truly happy with. I might be thinking too far ahead since we just got together today, but hey, when you know you know. We have to continue seeing each other in our superhero forms because we still haven't defeated Hawkmoth, but the second we do, I'm revealing my identity to him. I just hope he isn't disappointed in who I am.

We arrive at the stadium and land on the very edge of it to get a look at what's going on. We see a tall, big, car-made monster stomping through the stadium. Cat Noir and I both gasp at the sight of it. Looking down further into the stadium, we see a small figure waving at us and calling us.

"Cat Noir! Ladybug! Help!", the person screams.

We both nod and jump down to help the person, who ended up being Max.

"Max!", I say. "What happened?"

"Markov got akumatized by Hawkmoth again! I was at a science convention at school and one of the teachers made him mad!", he says in a worried tone.

"Hawkmoth took advantage of it, again", Cat Noir says.

"We'll save your friend Markov, Max. Go hide somewhere and stay safe", I reassure him.

He nods and runs off to go to a safe place.

"Well, time to save this little robot again", Cat Noir says.

I nod and we both jump back up again to face the large robot.

"Markov!", I yell. "You know better than this!"

"My name is Robostus, Ladybug! You and your little partner have no chance of winning against me! I have the power of technology to help me!", the giant monster roars back.

He starts throwing cars at us with his immense strength and we dodge every single one. He starts using appliances like vending machines and kitchen appliances to throw at us, trying to take us down. Cat Noir and I being the amazing superheroes we are, we skillfully avoid the dodges and attempt to throw them back at him.

We do this with little to no success, but it's better than sitting down and doing nothing. Hawkmoth cannot win, no matter the cost. I will fight with the very last bone and cell in my body until that cruel person is defeated. When he is, I hope he pays for everything that he's caused in Paris. He's akumatized innocent souls for no apparent reason, in my knowledge. He wants our miraculous, but for what? What on Earth is he fighting so hard for?

"What if I cataclysm the robot?", Cat Noir suggests.

I think about it for a second then shake my head.

"It would destroy it, but he can easily grab more machines to build a monster back up again, there's no use", I reply.

"You're so smart, bugaboo. What about your lucky charm?", he asks.

"It never fails me", I say while grabbing my yo-yo and throwing it up in the air. "Lucky charm!"

I bring my yo-yo back down to get a small USB drive. Okay I know I said that it never fails me, but what the hell am I supposed to do with this?

"Anything?", he asks while dodging more of the monster's hits.

I look around to see if I can figure something out, but nothing comes up to mind.

"Not yet, but I guess since I got a USB drive, we have to defeat Robostus like we did last time?", I say.

"I hope it works", he says.

I nod and we continue to fight with the monster. Slowly, I try to get closer to it to try and defeat it the way we did last time, but when I'm almost there, we hear him speak out of nowhere, I'm guessing to Hawkmoth.

"You have a deal, Hawkmoth. I've located you and I'm bringing you the miraculous right now", we hear him say out of nowhere.

Huh? I look at Cat Noir with a confused look on my face, but before I can react, the monster grabs me in a tight hold, which prevents me from moving or doing anything. Cat Noir jumps on the monster to try and help me get out, but he doesn't react quick enough and gets caught by the other hand of the monster, holding him in a tight grip, too.

"M'lady!", he screams.

"Where is he taking us?", I yell while trying to squirm out.

"I'm taking you to Hawkmoth himself", the robot replies.

What?

I try my best to stay calm because I know that we always have a way of getting out of situations like this, but I start to have an anxiety attack. I look around frantically to try to see if I can do anything with my lucky charm, but I don't see absolutely anything. My panic settles in even more as I hear Parisians scream under us, trying not to get squished by this giant monster stomping across Paris.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~