15~ This is embarrassing

(Adrien's POV)

Lila just slapped Marinette, in front of everyone. The 10 minutes was just about to run out, as everyone was coming back from their rooms with their beach stuff. The room falls silent.

(Marinette's POV)

Alya, Nino, and I were having a conversation about the beach and I look over to see Adrien. His back is faced towards me, so I can't exactly see his expressions, but his body language looks frustrated, and Lila has a big fat scowl on her face. Is he doing what he said he would? 

Is he breaking up with her?

I look over again and see Lila. She looks like she's about to blow a fuse. I was right! Score! Now, whenever we hang out with Adrien her annoying ass won't be there bothering us. I continue engaging in the conversation with my friends.

"Yes! I literally heard that SPF doesn't even go that high! So that means that SPF 100 is a myth-", Alya says before being cut off by Lila stomping over here.

Nino makes a confused face and she pushes them out of the way to get to me. I'm about to start going off on her because of the way that she pushed them but I get slapped in the face before I can even say anything. 

The slap is hard, but not hard enough that it's going to leave me any marks tomorrow. Thank God. Well, I guess I can say that it's deserved. I did slap her first back at school the other day. We can call it even now. 

Still trying to process what just went on, behind Lila I see Adrien with his arm extended as if he was trying to stop her, but obviously failed. Did they argue because of me? Why did she come to slap me after they argued?

"This is all your fault!", she screams in my face. 

At this point, the whole class is staring at us and I regret every living decision that led to this point. This is so embarrassing. What on Earth did I even do?

"Lila! That is enough!", Miss Bustier scolds. "I can't punish you here but when we arrive back to school, I'm going to have to call your parents."

I hold my hand up and remove my other hand from my face that was caressing my cheek. 

"It's okay Miss Bustier. I'm fine", I say while doing my best to show her that I'm okay. "It's just a little problem between us two. No need to worry."

"But Marinette, are you sure?-"

"Positive."

She hesitates for a second and nods. She then faces the class.

"Is everybody back yet or do we need more time?", she asks.

"Rose is still in her room. She says she's almost done", Alix says. 

My teacher nods and everyone slowly removes their attention away from us. I look back at Lila and it takes me everything to not hit her back right now. Adrien gets in between us two and gently pushes Lila away from me.  

"Lila, stop. Seriously", he says.

She scoffs and laughs with absolutely no amusement in her tone. 

"This bitch is the reason you broke up with me, then. I see the way you defend her, the way you look at her. I notice everything", she says.

What on Earth is she talking about?

"Stop, you don't know what you're talking about. I broke up with you because you are the issue. No one else. We weren't good together. That is no one's fault except our own."

She storms off and leaves us all shocked by everything that just went on. Adrien turns around to look at me and grabs my shoulders gently. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry that she hit you. It was all my fault", he says.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. It was deserved anyways. I did hit her first after all", I say.

Alya rubs my back and looks at me with a frown.

"It's okay, girl. Don't let her ruin your mood. We're going to have so much fun today", she reassures me. 

I nod my head and smile. She's right. I'm not even in pain, I'm just shaken up right now. Drama gets my heart pumping and it doesn't stop. A couple of minutes later, everyone from my class finally comes back and we get on the bus again, heading for the beach. We arrive after 30 minutes and are given a time limit for when we have to be back at the bus. We're given 5 hours, just enough for us to enjoy the beach, go to the pier, and walk back to the large bus. Once off of the bus, my 3 friends and I run to the shore, ready to get wet and experience a California beach. 

I drop my towel on the sand and spread it out right next to Alya's. We both take off our clothes that are over our bathing suits and smother on some sunscreen, helping each other with the hard areas like our backs. We finish with the sunscreen and finally run into the shore, feeling the cool water against my legs. This is like heaven. Alya and I were both so distracted trying to get in the water as soon as possible that we didn't even see what the guys were doing. 

(Adrien's POV)

The girls run to a spot close to the water and spread their towels out next to each other. Nino and I stayed back walking through the tough hot sand. Burning my feet with every step. I look up to see Marinette in her swimsuit. It's like I was taken into a trance and was hypnotized by her. She looks gorgeous. 

Do I look like a pig right now? I probably do. Adrien, you're disgusting. 

I don't know if it was my inner voice telling me that or Plagg, but either way, I didn't care. 

"Dude", Nino says. "Are you staring at my girl?"

"Nino, don't be stupid. I would never."

"Then who are you- Ohh, now I know"

"What?"

"You're staring at Marinette aren't you", he says as he bursts into a fit of laughter. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~