Chapter 5

I have been in this village for about 6 weeks so far and it took me a while to get used to being here because this place isn’t like earth. Literally. People use magic for daily tasks like cooking, doing laundry,  etc. But apparently these skills are basic and 'less than average'. 

I was super surprised by this since this would have been so useful in the other world.

Like I could have cooked way faster, finished all my chores quickly, helped my mom and brother, and I could have had quality time to myself, which I never had. Bruh, whoever sent me here, why couldn’t you make earth like this? I swear a lot of problems would have been solved because of this. 

Never mind, whoever's made this world thank you for not making our world with magic. I mean Earth would have been completely destroyed already knowing how greedy humans over there are.

This world is actually advanced with their technology but it is a bit more different than Earth. For example, they don't have any phones here but they do have different types of communication stones. They also don't have cars here. But they do have carriages that are very comfortable and teleportation circles that a lot of people take to go to places far away.

The only reason why it is a bit more on the historical side is because the culture of the people hasn't changed at all. This place is basically England in the 1850's. Though the poor here hace better lifestyles
----------

During my stay here I’ve met different kinds of people. Caroline introduced me to her family. She has a husband named Mark. She also has 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. The oldest is named Caleb and he is 26. The middle child is Carter and he is 23. Then, the youngest is named Cara and she is my age, 19. They are all very nice people.

The siblings have a very funny relationship. Caleb is always bickering with Carter, and Cara always fans the flames. It is very fun being around them.

Cara and Caroline have helped me throughout my pregnancy. Right now I am 34 weeks away and Eijaz will be born in about 3 weeks. Although I get quite scared sometimes thinking about having to give birth because when one of my coworkers was pregnant, she had a lot of complications and she said that it hurt so much she could die. 

I don't want to go through all that. When my mom had me she told me the same thing. So obviously I am going to be worried about giving birth. 

Not only that, mom also told me that around this time of pregnancy the baby won't let you sleep because they are always kicking and that your feet and back will hurt a lot.

But, Eijaz turned out to be very calm; he only kicked when he was hungry, excited, or angry. I already love him with all my heart. I have always dreamed of having babies. Being able to see them opening their eyes, their first laugh, their first words, their first steps, scolding them for running around the supermarket, seeing them off for school, comforting them on their first heartbreak, their graduation, and most importantly seeing them happy. 

Whenever Eijaz is born I will get to do all things with him. Well maybe not all of them since I'm not on earth anymore, but seeing him smile will be enough for me.

I have already prepared a room for him in our new house. It is very small with only 2 rooms, a kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, a living room, and a large patio. I bought the house for 1 gold bar. It was a very good price since it was 1,124 sq feet. It was super cheap because it was close to the forest. But I have enough ice magic to defend the baby and me. 

I have already tried out my magic when I had time and it felt amazing!!

In the book it said for people to use magic they must have mana. It is basically energy that surrounds us and is infinite. In order to use magic people have to gather enough mana in their mana pool, then make it flow through the mana artery. This artery allows mana to flow throughout the whole body.