Chapter 7

I wake up at 8 am to Eijaz whimpers which I am happy about, even though it is still early. 

When I first brought him home, he woke me up 3-5 times each night for 2 month straight. So, I am glad that he woke up this late and not at 3 am. I swear there were times I just wanted to yell of exhaustion. But, I don’t regret it since I got to have a cute baby.

I go to Eijaz and say, “Look who’s awake”

“Mama! Mama!” he says as he stretches out his arms for me to carry. He still can already walk a little but he prefers to be carried.

I grab him and place him on my hip, holding him with one arm. “Are you hungry?”

"Yes!!! Can we get some bacon?" He asks while drooling.

"Hahaha!! Yes we can gets some bacon." I say as I wipe his drool off.

I place him on his eating stool and give him his baby bottle with milk.

I head to the kitchen and start making  some bacon, eggs, and beans.

There are times when I start to feel scared. I know that I will most likely die in about 9 years but, what I am worried about is about Eijaz. After I die he will be left alone.

In the book, it says that the Duke did treat Eijaz well. He taught Eijaz everything he needed to know and was very patient with him. But he never really showed any paternal love.

This made Eijaz grow up cold and distant from people. But what really made him become ruthless was the noble society.

The noble society is very different from how commoners live. They never show their true self to others and pay the utmost attention to others and their own appearances.

Nobles have a sly tongue and like to twist words a lot. They are also very fickle when it comes to picking sides. So, if they see some type of weakness they will most definitely use it to their advantage. They are merciless and will destroy anyone who offends them or gets in their way.

I know this because that is what they did to Evolet. 

Earth was also like this but it was much more open and seen commonly through the media. I used to be what people call a ‘pushover’ in my past life. I was too weak to refuse people and was taken advantage of various times at work. 

In the book, Eijaz also suffered when he first entered the noble society. He was humiliated which only made him colder. That was the reason why he became more distant and ruthless. During his whole life he never had anyone he loved.

I don't want Eijaz to become like this. I want him to be able to live knowing he can love and be loved.

My baby is the most precious and knowing that there is a possibility that he won't have me there to soothe all his worries away, scares me. I want to see him grow tall and healthy. I want to see him happy.

Please, whoever's brought me here, don't let him suffer if I do die.

----------

After Eijaz and I finish eating our food, I go check the mail to see if the results for the job application arrived.

I reach out and grab the envelopes and start looking through them while entering the house again.

Then, I see an envelope with the name of the store. I immediately jump in anticipation.

I call Eijaz over and say "Look Eijaz the results arrived."

"Whad is thad??" He asks tilting his head.

"This will tell me whether I get the job or not so that I can get more snacks and toys for you!" I say holding him in my lap as I sit down on the couch.

He looks at me with sparkling eyes and excitedly says, "Hurry, hurry mommy!! I wand new doys."

I start laughing at his reaction. I think I might have spoiled him a bit

I open the envelope and I start reading out loud.

Dear, Evolet Usoro

We have been very pleased with the answers you gave in the interview. You also meet all the qualifications required for the job.

So, we are glad to say that you have been hired for the front desk position.

Sincerely,
Langard Fashion.

P.S. The rest of the information is on the next page.

*Langard Fashion is the name of the company she is going to work in. It is very popular among nobles and commoners. But there are only about 5 shops in all of Ophelia.*

I immediately get up and start jumping.

"Oh My Cookies!! I got the job! Did you hear that Eijaz I got the job!"

I tell him as I throw Eijaz in the air.

"Yes, yes! I wand cookies Mommy!" He says while giggling.

I start kissing all over his face in joy. He then scrunches up his face.

"Mommy thad tickles."

I then lay him down on the couch and start tickling him.

"N-no more mo-mommy! Haha! No mo-mommy!" He yells while he laughs. I stop tickling him and I let him recover.

"But you do know mommy will have to leave if I want to give you cookies and toys." I say to him. I have to tell him I will leave in order to go to my job.

"Mommy wil leabe??" He says sadly.

I say yes and his eyes start to water. He tries to hold back his tears so that he doesn't cry in front of me.

I immediately feel guilty and kiss his eyes.

"But I will come back and I will bring you, cookies, toys and milk!" I say trying to console him. "And you will get to be with Cara, Caleb, and Carter."

He then wipes his unshed tears away and says, "Will mommy come back?"

"Of course I will. Then we will get to play together, okay?" I say kissing his cheeks.

"Yes. But, you habe to brin cookies!" He says as he crosses his arms and starts to pout.

"Yes yes. Mommy loves you a lot so I will bring you a bunch of cookies." I say as I smile at him and kiss puffed up cheeks.

He then smiles and says, "I lobe mommy this much" as he stretches his arms out.

My smile grows impossibly wider and I start another round of tickling making him giggle and laugh.

I really love my baby.

《《《 ♤ 》》》

Bruh I smiled so much while writing this.

Thank you for reading and make sure to comment any suggestions if you have any!!