Chapter 6

I am finally getting released from the hospital after 2 days. My body still feels tired and my lower region is sore.

I go back home in a carriage that the hospital temporarily provides for free. The carriages have magic so they don’t need to be pulled by a horse. All I need to do is give the directions. 

Caroline couldn’t pick me up since they were still at work and it takes 30 min. to come to the hospital by carriage. So I went home with the baby to go rest.

During the whole ride the baby was sleeping in my arms, occasionally moving to get a better position. It was so adorable that I fainted from a heart attack. I just want to squish his cheeks so hard.

You know that one feeling when you see something  so adorable that you just want to squish till it dies. Or when you the see a cubby baby and you just want to bite its cheeks off. That is how I was feeling. If you've never felt like this, thank you for being normal.

Once I arrived home, Caroline and her family were there. They live 5 minutes away from my house so they come over quite often. I also left a key with Caroline in case she wanted to come one day. That is how close I am with them. They're basically my family.

Evolet's original family also loved her very much. But as she got more bratty and spoiled, they started to ignore her. Then, when she started to do all the disgraceful acts they basically disowned her, viewing her as a disgusting joke.

That is why I hate her parents. I mean it's their fault she turned out like this. They raised her and they basically let her do whatever she wanted. So she was the result of their bad parenting. But after she became bratty, they never took responsibility of showing the right way and left her alone to navigate the rest of her life.

This is why I don't like her original family. In comparison, the Wels are more of a family to me, than the original family. When I transmigrated as Evolet, I got her memories and her feelings. There are also slight habits that she did that I also do like eating etiquette and her graceful walking style. I guess you can call these muscle  memory or something.

So, whenever I think about her original family I feel this longing, guilt, and hatred. It turns out that after she escaped to this village she realised how much her parents actually hate her. But, she never realized why.

But now that I'm her I will try to fix her mistakes slowly and give her what she always longed for, love. Whether it is paternal, romantic, friendly, or motherly love, I will try to sooth her remaining feelings.

Right now the Wels are helping me take out the stuff in the carriage and as soon as they saw the baby, they started gushing at how adorable he was while he just kept sleeping without a care. They stayed with me for a couple hours then left for their home. But not after showering Eijaz with a bunch of presents. They gave him toys, clothes that wont fit him anymore in a couple of weeks, and some baby bottles. 

When they left, I put Eijaz in his crib and took a quick shower. My body has changed a lot of giving birth. I still have the extra skin and stretch marks covering my belly, thighs, and bottom.

But, I know they will leave by themselves after a while so I don't worry about them, plus this is normal for a woman's body after giving birth. 

I start to feel tired so I go lay down after changing. The baby is still sleeping in the crib that is attached to my bed. The crib's design is quite useful since I don’t have to worry about having to get up and walk every second to breastfeed him or change him. So, I close my eyes as I feel darkness covering my eyes. 

--------
1 year later
I woke up to Eijaz crying. I am still breastfeeding him but I prefer using a breast pump, which I am surprised they had here.