Warm Mornings: Part 3

You set the test down and stare at it, silently wondering if somehow the whole box was wrong. 

"Another negative?" 

You nod, leaning back into Helmut's embrace. He kisses your head and rubs your shoulders soothingly. "It's alright. Most first tries aren't successful." You sigh, and turn around to hug him. It wasn't exactly a one and done try. For the past month you were worried about making twins. Maybe it was more recent and it just won't show up yet? Maybe all three tests were defective? 

Or maybe you just couldn't have kids. 

You feel a hand lift your chin up, and look into your man's eyes. "It's okay, mein schatz. It'll just take a bit more time. Don't worry too much." You kiss him as he leans in, grateful to have someone so caring. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several months pass by with no luck. Helmut convinces you to go on a long vacation with him and attempts to get you to stop thinking about it so much. It definitely works. A three month long vacation in various spots throughout Europe and the tropics, each visit like it's own little honeymoon. When you weren't being worshipped by your adoring lover, the two of you were exploring the cities you stayed in or around. 

It was wonderful, and the longest time you'd gotten attention and romance without stopping. Going home was like slowly waking from a pleasant dream. Even then, Helmut seemed adamant on keeping you in a romance bubble, even if just for a little while longer. 

Then you realized you hadn't had your period in two months. 

You tried to not get your hopes up, even as each test confirmed them. One, two, three, four, five, six. Six tests in the span of two days all confirmed it. You were finally pregnant. 

You excitedly walk into the kitchen, wrapping your arms around Helmut's shoulders and kissing the back of his neck. He smiles and turns his head to look at you. "All positive again?" You nod and he turns around, scooping you into his lap. He kisses you over and over, both of you giggling. 

You stop for a moment. "I'm going to be a mom." You pause again, eyes widening. "Holy shit, I'm going to be a mom." 

Your face is brought into a warm chest, a soothing voice rumbling through it. "Yes, and you will be wonderful at it. Our baby is going to have the best mother in the world." 

And the best dad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Zemo is best dad. 

Also, I'm restraining myself from writing a Zemo fic from when he was in EKO Scorpion. But it's so tempting. I don't have a thing for soldiers or uniforms, but my danger kink sees Colonel Zemo holding a gun and just thinks "Damn, I'd let him hit it in his tent. Or in a HMMWV." 

I need help. I am aware.