•27•

I'm Sorry Cynthia

"Thank you!" I yelled, running back to the elevator and taking it back up to the top

"Thank you!" I yelled, running back to the elevator and taking it back up to the top. Diego was standing outside the door and as soon as he saw me, he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Don't ever scare me like that again Sunshine," he whispered in my ear as Klaus, Luther, and Allison came running around the corner.

"What the hell was that?" Luther yelled as my husband and I pulled apart.

"Vanya wants to tear this building down. We need to leave. Get Grace and Pogo and let's go," I ordered, walking away. But Luther grabbed my arm.

"No. I'm in charge and we're not going anywhere till you tell me what the hell is going on. What did you do to me?" he asserted and I rolled my eyes.

"What's going on is you betrayed your hurting sister, pissing her off, and now she wants to tear down this whole academy," I spat, ignoring his question.

"What so we just leave Vanya?" Klaus asked.

"She can take care of herself. Let's get out of here," I said, once again trying to leave. Once again, Luther stopped me.

"How did you do that to me?" he asked.

"Pressure point technique," I lied and pushed passed him. "Where are Grace and Pogo?"

"Diego and I can find them," Klaus offered. I looked at my husband, too scared to let him go without me. He gave me a reassuring nod.

"Okay. But be fast." As if on queue, the ground started shaking again and the elevator started whirring. "Shit. Time to talk is up."

Luther grabbed Allison and headed for the front door as Diego and Klaus yelled for Grace and PogoI went to run after them and watched as debris fell on their head, knocking my husband out. I went to help, but a large chunk of the ceiling fell in front of me. "Diego!" I yelled, seeing the ceiling above him starting to crack.

Klaus was trying to pull him, but with no luck. The ceiling broke and plummeted towards my husband and my heart stopped. At the last moment, he was yanked to safety by what looked like nothing. I shook my head. Klaus must've have done it. I clamored my way over the pile of debris and helped Klaus carry Diego. He woke up relatively fast and we made our way to a fire escape and made it to the ground.

"You just saved my life man!" Diego exclaimed as he hugged his brother. Klaus seemed unsure of how to respond and shrugged to nobody.

"Mom?" Diego looked up and there was Grace in the window, waving down at her children.

"Mom get out of there!" the two of them screamed, but she stood there as the building crumbled around her.

"I'm going after her!" Diego yelled and I wrapped my arm around his chest, pulling him against me. Giving in, he turned and buried his head in my neck as the whole building fell apart.