•11•

Who Needs A Father in Law?

I was absolutely freezing when I woke up

I was absolutely freezing when I woke up. I never liked sleeping naked and I hated it. I sat up immediately and grabbed Diego's shirt from off the ground, throwing it on. I looked back at the bed and only then noticed that Diego wasn't there. I bit back disappointment at the fact we didn't spend the first married morning in bed together.

Before I could fully process everything, the door to the room bust open and Diego entered. He saw me sitting up on the bed and immediately rushed over. "No, no," he protested as he pushed me back into bed and wrapped the covers back around me, "Damnit Sunshine you couldn't have slept for two more minutes, huh?"

"What are you talking—"

"Sh! You're asleep."

He placed a pillow over my face and ran back out of the room. Confused, I removed the pillow, but still stayed under the covers. The door opened a second time and Diego came in again carrying a tray of food.

"Good morning Sunshine," he said as he gently shook my shoulder as if to wake me up. Rolling my eyes, I faked a giant yawn.

"Wha- what's going on? Diego? Diego, my love, is that you? Where am I? Did I just wake up?" I snipped as I patted his cheek with my hand.

"Alright alright," he growled, pushing my hand away, "No need to be a smart ass."

"Did you really make me breakfast in bed?" I asked, nervously eyeballing the tray.

"Is that so hard to believe?" he defended, hiding the food from my line of sight.

"Diego I love you but you can't cook."

"Oh really?" he challenged. He set the tray down and I was greeted with fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs, and perfectly cooked bacon. Excited, I instantly grabbed the fork and took a bite of the eggs. They tasted amazing and... familiar.

"You ordered from Denny's didn't you?"

"I tried to actually cook but it didn't work out as I planned," he pouted, admitting defeat.

"Did you burn my kitchen down? If I walk out of this room will I just be greeted with ashes?" I asked as I took another bite out of the eggs.

"Yeah I burned the whole complex to the ground. In fact, the whole city. Everywhere except for this specific room is burnt to a crisp," he joked as he climbed back into bed next to me. He took a piece of bacon and I shouted in protest.

"Oi! Even though he didn't make it, this breakfast is a very sweet gesture from my husband and I would like to enjoy it myself thank you very much!"

"Yeah well I paid for it," he mumbled through a mouthful of bacon, "And I'm your husband."

"Yeah I was hoping you wouldn't catch on," I smirked as I continued eating. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I laid my head on his chest. I smiled to myself as I grabbed a small piece of bacon and began to nibble on it. As I felt his thumb move back and forth against my skin and I couldn't help but giggle.