•20•

Klaus Is An Angel And You Know It

"What's wrong?" Diego asked with concern as I sat up suddenly

"Klaus is gone."

"Oh." He slouched back down on the couch. "Don't worry about it. He probably went to go get himself more drugs."

"Or maybe he got shot," I spat. I was sick of all the Hargreeves ignoring their brother because he struggled with addiction.

"Vick relax. He disappeared all the time when we were kids. He'll show up in a few days."

"I'm going out to look for him," I decided, reaching over and taking the car keys out of Diego's pocket.

He sighed and stood up. "I'll go with you."

"No," I directed, placing a hand on his chest, "I need you to talk to Eudora and ask if she knows anything else about the shooters."

"You sure? I know how you feel about me and her—"

"You're my husband. I trust you. And I love you," I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he instinctively wrapped his around my waist.

"Okay," he breathed, placing a kiss on my forehead, "Be safe."

"Never," I snarked as I pulled away from him.

"Do me a favor: when you find Klaus tell him to get his shit together."

"I'll tell him you send your love," I shouted as I headed towards the door.

"Love you!" He yelled after me.

"Love you too!" I walked out the door and made my way to the car. After I sat in the drivers seat I closed my eyes and tried to find Klaus. I felt myself sitting on a couch. I looked around and saw the interior of the Umbrella Academy living room.

"Damn it Diego," I sighed, back in the interior of the car again. I didn't know how to find someone if I didn't remember what they felt like emotionally.

Remember...

"Ah shit," I mumbled as I realized what I had to do. I needed to remember what it felt like to be around him. I adjusted my seat so I was lying down and I closed my eyes. Then, I thought about the day I first officially met Klaus.

...

"Do you want anything?" I asked Diego as he parked outside the gas station.

"No, Eudora and I are going out to lunch after this," he told me as he began to fill up the tank.

"How's that going by the way?" I tried to ask as nonchalantly as possible.

"Alright," he shrugged.

"Y'all official yet?"

"We haven't slept together if that's what you're asking," he snarked.