•17•

Stabby Stabby Bang Bang

"So what are we gonna do with your place?" I asked Diego as I chopped up a flank steak I had just made

"My place?" he asked as he snatched a piece of meat. I smacked it out of his hand and moved my cutting board to the other side of the kitchen. It was difficult with my wrist still injured from the incident with the car, but I managed.

"The boiler room," I explained as I dumped the chopped meat into a bowl, "Can you pass me the chili powder?"

"What do you want to do with it?" he asked, handing me the seasoning and sitting on the counter next to me.

"Well it seems like a waste to not use it."

"Then let's use it," he flirted.

"Not like that."

Diego hummed his disappointment in my answer but didn't argue. He slid off the counter and stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're gorgeous."

"I know," I smiled as I added some more seasoning into the bowl. Diego buried his face into my neck and I let out a loud snort as my body instinctively tried to move away from him. "That tickles!"

"Did you just snort?" he laughed, pulling me back against him.

"We should go to the boiler room after we eat. Maybe that can be our lair or something," I decided, desperately wanting to change the subject.

"Our lair?"

"I dunno, love. I'm not creative."

"Alright lets go after we eat," he agreed, reaching over me to grab a bite. I didn't stop him this time.

"At least use a plate."

He rolled his eyes but grabbed a plate nonetheless. We had finally sat down on the couch with our food and just at a quiet part in our movie, Diego let out a loud, fake snort.

I smacked him.

Hard.

...

As we walked down the hallway to the boiler room I knew something was off. Diego immediately held up his hand for me to stop walking. The door was cracked open; he approached the side of it, distain etched onto his face. He expertly threw a knife through he doorway and I knew that it would find it's target.

"OW!!" came the loud yell from inside and Diego entered the room. I hesitated to follow, recognizing Luther's voice.

"I could smell it was you," Diego growled, glancing back at me. When he saw me frozen in the doorway, he nodded his head for me to come in. I did.

"What the hell?!" the gorilla yelled as I closed the door behind me, "You could've killed me."

"If I wanted you dead you'd be dead," Diego sighed.