Chapter 5

Harry was sat next to Ella's bed watching her sleep. He was paranoid now that if he looked away she would stop breathing again which was nearly impossible as she was still hooked up to oxygen. Louis had gone down to the cafeteria to get some tea and Harry some coffee.

Harry felt guilty. He felt like this was his fault even though Louis insisted it was something that couldn't be helped Harry still felt like he should be responsible. He was watching her. He was the one that have her cough medicine then sent her to bed. He also said no to her sleeping in his bed with him. Louis walked back in then handing Harry his coffee before sitting down next to him.

They sat in silence for a while before Louis spoke up.

"Please stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault. It would have happened the same way if she was with me. Now stop sulking please. You look like a wounded puppy" Harry looked at Louis and shrugged.

"M'sorry. I can't help but feel guilty. It's just who I am" Louis sighs but smiles grabbing Harry's hand.

"I know" Harry looks down at his hand and smiles slightly.

"What did you get up to while I was with Ella?" Louis looks at Harry and raises an eyebrow questioningly.

"What? It's like five in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm making conversation"

"Had Zayn over. We ate some pizza watched some movies. You know the usual" Harry nods chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"Do you wanna come get some food with me? Ella won't wake up for a while and if she does a nurse will keep her company" Louis looks over to where his daughter is laying then to Harry.

"Yeah. Ok"

*

*

*

"Do you remember how we met?" Louis asks taking a bite of his burger. Harry nods wiping his mouth.

"Of course I do. It was a Friday night. I was forced into going clubbing with my old friend Josh. When we got there I sat in a booth and sulked till my eyes landed on the most beautiful boy I had ever seen by the bar. You were talking to Zayn. I remember thinking he was your boyfriend. But then you got up and danced without him. That's when I went to talk to you" Harry looks up to see Louis smiling.

"You do remember. I also remember you holding my hair back while I threw up in your garden bed. Not one of my finer moments" Harry laughed nodding.

"Yeah. Afterwards we had tea and watched old X-Factor episodes. Was one of the best nights of my life besides Ella being born and marrying you of course" Louis looked down at his half empty plate.

"Was mine too. We just cuddled and got to know each other. I sometimes wish we could go back to that" Harry grabbed Louis hand from across the table.

"Let me take you on a date. Dinner and a movie?" Louis looks up taking his hand back.

"I'm not sure if we should.." Louis says remembering Zayn. He really needs to speak to his therapist.

"C'mon please? One date and if it's horrible I'll stop asking and trying" Louis looks up. His eyes staring straight into Harry's bright green ones.

"Alright one date" the smile on Harry's face said it all.

*

*

*

"How has your week been Louis?" Louis looked at the man in front of him and shrugged.

"Confusing" the man nodded writing stuff down.

"Care to elaborate?" Louis sighs twisting his fingers together in his lap.

"I'm confused. I have feelings for Zayn but I still Love Harry. I don't know what to do" the man once again nodded before writing things down.

"What is your head telling you to do? And don't tell me you don't know. Think" the man watches Louis have an internal battle before he speaks.

"It's telling me to go with Zayn." The man In front of Louis nods once again.

"Now tell me what your heart is saying" Louis looks down again examining his left had where his wedding and engagement rings used to be.

"It's telling me to go with Harry" the man once again nods, writing things down.

"Now I can't tell you exactly what to so in this situation. But If it was me I would listen to my heart. Heart is always right" Louis looks up at the man and nods.

"What do I tell Zayn?"

"Let him down gently. Explain you still want to be friends. If things go wrong you still have friends. I know Zayn has been your best friend for a while but if he's not willing to let you be happy and be an adult then he's not worth your time" Louis smiles at the man in front of him.

"Thank you Niall. You always know how to cheer me up" Niall smiles his wide toothy smile.

"No problem tommo! Oh Liam wants to know when we can have Ella again. Maybe when you and Harry have your date?" Louis nods writing down something in his diary.

"That should be fine. Tell Liam I said hi" as Louis gets up and leaves Niall shouts.

"Will do. Use protection" Louis rolls his eyes while Niall practically dies from laughter on the floor.

*

*

*

That night for the first time in seven and a half months Louis, Harry and Ella have dinner together at Louis flat. After dinner they watch a movie, Ella cuddling into both her daddies before falling asleep between them. Louis puts her to bed, letting Harry say goodnight before walking him to the door. And for the first time in seven and a half months it doesn't end in a fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo another update!

Comment

Vote

Fan

~Keysha