Chapter 8

It was week after the trip to Manchester that Louis ran into Zayn again. He was minding his own business in Tescos trying to figure out what flavour of pop tart he wanted when someone ran into him nearly knocking him over. He turned ready to give them a piece of his mind when he saw Zayn standing there.

Zayn looks over Louis before he pushes his cart away. Louis sighs then reaches up finally grabbing the box he wanted.

"It's Zayn's problem" he thinks to himself as he heads towards the cashier. "He chose to stop contacting you. It's his problem" Louis thinks again as the bored teenager scans his items.

When he gets out to his car his phone rings making him groan. He groans even louder seeing it's his boss.

"Hello?"

"Louis you need to come in to work. Now"

"I can't! I have to look after my daughter" He hears his boss huff.

"Well get someone to watch her. You need to be here in half an hour or you're fired"

"Fine. I quit. You can shove your job up your ass" Louis hangs up before angrily shoving his phone into his back pocket. He begins putting the shopping bags in the car till they're all in. Once he's on the road he heads for his mothers finding she had already left for work leaving Lottie to watch Ella.

"M'sorry i'm late" Louis mumbles taking Ella from his sister. She gives him a look. He look that he's about to be interrogated.

"What?" Louis asks after a while of Lottie just staring at him.

"What's wrong? You seem upset" Louis inhales a deep breath.

"I quit my job. My boss rang me when i was just finishing shopping. Said i needed to come into work in half an hour or i was fired. Well mum's working and so's Harry so i quit. Told him to shove it up his ass" Lottie giggles as she listens to Louis.

"Oh my god. Louis why? I could have watched her" Louis shrugs cuddling Ella close.

"Truth is i hated my job. My hours were horrible and my boss was a jerk. Thanks though. I might take you up on your babysitting offer next week" Lottie looks at Louis and frowns.

"How the hell are you going to pay your bills if you have no job?" Louis shrugs not really sure what he's going to do.

"I'm not sure"

*

*

*

After Ella is in bed that night Louis goes over his bills and how much he'll have left after his next and last paycheck comes in. He won't have enough to cover rent and food.

"Oh shit" Louis sighs rubbing at his tired eyes.

"Guess I'll have to skip meals" he mumbled crossing out things on his shopping list. He had an urge to call Harry but he stopped himself remembering Harry is working late. He grabs his phone a second time this time typing out a text message.

I'm royally screwed. he presses send then begins shoving his bills and lists into his bedside draw. He turns his phone off then lies down under the covers.

"I'll figure it out" he whispers before falling asleep.

He's woken the next morning by someone knocking on his front door. He groans and turns over shoving a pillow over his head. When the banging doesn't stop he throws the pillow across the room then angrily walks to the front door. He swings it open about to yell at whoever woke him up when he freezes.

"Harry" he says taking in the mans worried expression.

"What the hell was with your message last night? I've been trying to call you but every time your phone's off"

"I quit my job. I don't have enough money for food and rent and I don't know how long it will be till I find a job" Louis says taking a deep breath so he won't cry.

"Oh Lou-" Louis cuts Harry off.

"No don't feel sorry for me. I don't deserve your pity" Harry rolls his eyes

"Now now. I have a suggestion. You could move back in with me" Louis looks at harry like he's grown a second head.

"Hear me out! You could have the guest room so you don't have to share with me. Ella has her own room and the house is quite big and empty. Some company would be nice" Louis looks around trying to think of an excuse. When he couldn't think of one he sighed.

"It would help a lot if we could. Thank you Harry" Harry smiles then presses a kiss to Louis forehead.

"How about this weekend we move you back in?" Louis nods smiling at Harry.

"Sounds like a plan"

*

*

*

That weekend Harry hires a moving van then helps Louis pack up the remaining things he had left to pack.

When they get to the house harry helps Louis carry up boxes into his room then helps Ella unpack her things leaving Louis alone for a while. Louis sorts through his clothes then puts his photos onto his chest of draws and side tables. Once that's done he lies on his bed and looks up at the ceiling.

He's moved back in with his ex husband who he's kind of seeing again. No Louis hasn't forgiven him for cheating but he's getting there and maybe this will help them and their relationship.

A little while later Ella comes in with Harry to ask what's for dinner.

"How about we eat out?" Harry asks making the three and a half year old nod and bounce on the bed.

"Sounds good"

*

*

*

After dinner they go get some ice cream then come home. Harry tucks Ella in while Louis takes a shower.

"Are we a family again papa?" She asks as Harry ticks her in.

"We're getting there. Night princess" he presses a kiss to her forehead before heading to his own bedroom.

Just as he's about to fall asleep he feels someone climb into the bed with him.

"Can I sleep with you?" Louis whispers. Harry nods curling an arm around Louis waist.

"Good night" Harry whispers pressing a kiss into Louis hair.

"Night" Louis whispers before falling asleep.

---------------------------------------------
Ed Sheeran in a few weeks! I'm so damn excited! Anyway,

Comment

Vote

Fan