Chapter 75

TimeSkip: 5 Years Later
Kaoru's Pov: 

I was babysitting Midori, Kazumi's daughter. Midori was 5 years old. Hikaru gave Midori a popsicle. She was running around and tripped on her shoe string. No blood, no broken bones, she was just crying. She watched T.V in the living room. She was watching Bubble Guppies. 

I sat beside her as Hikaru made lunch. I wasn't feeling very well for the today. Midori was talking along with the T.V. I was really tired, I rested my eyes for a bit. I woke up and Midori was laying on my lap. I looked around for Hikaru seeing I was laying on him. He was still awake and I started purring. 

"You alright?"

"Mhm... I still feel a little sick."

"Yeah, you're smell is a little off." 

I felt the urge to throw up. I stopped purring and I covered my mouth. Midori was laying on me so I couldn't move. Hikaru got up and picked up Midori. I ran inside the bathroom and I threw up in the toilet. I felt a cramp in my lower stomach and I started crying. My chest was hurting all day and I just wasn't having a good day. 

"Kaoru..."

I hugged onto him as he kneeled down to me. He kissed me forehead.

"Did I wake up Midori?"

"No, she's still sleeping."

"What time is it?"

"Umm it's 4:48."

"Okay- could you start packing M-midori's things, Kazumi is coming at 5."

"Alright. Get up."

He helped me up and helped me to the bedroom. Once he closed the door I grabbed my phone and I started to look up my symptoms. It looked like I had food poisoning again. But this didn't feel like food poisoning. I sighed and looked at Instagram until my cramp was over. When I saw it was around 5, I got up and said goodbye to Midori. Kazumi was here she said hi.

"You look like crap."

"I feel like crap."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I think I have food poisoning again."

"Are you sure? Remember that pregnancy scare you had."

"You're right... but I'm sure it's just food poisoning... Hikaru probably didn't cook that chicken we had last night fully."

"Oof, well I hope you feel better."

She left picking up the sleepy Midori. I went into the kitchen and got me some water. Kazumi isn't totally off, I have been sleeping with Hikaru without protection more. But I've been taking morning after pills so, I shouldn't be. Did I forget one time? I could've easily forgotten and went to sleep. As I was thinking, Hikaru came out the bathroom.

"Do you feel better?"

"Hm? Oh y-yeah I do."

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"I think I have food poisoning again."

"Agh, did I not cook the chicken right last night."

"You gave me food poisoning again you buttshot!"

I said punching him lightly. Then I remember last week I was supposed to go into heat. But I didn't. I froze and Hikaru looked at me worried. 

"Hey? Really are you okay?"

"I'm gonna go to sleep."

I put my water down and I walked to the bedroom. I laid down and I bit my lip. I could really be pregnant right now. I don't want to worry Hikaru for no reason if I did just have food poisoning. I fell asleep. I woke up around 4 in the morning. I felt WAY better than I did before. I guess it was just food poisoning. I got up and saw Hikaru sleeping. I grabbed my bag and my jacket. I went to the nearest drug store. I bought some chips and pregnancy test. 

I hurried back home and I went into the bathroom with the pregnancy test. I used on and set it on the counter. I washed my hands and waited. I heard the bathroom door open and I saw Hikaru. When he was tired he had his father's resting I'm about to punch the shit out you face. I got up not wanting him to see the pregnancy test. 

"Hikaru, go back to sleep, I'll be back in bed in a second okay?"

"No, what are you hiding."

"Nothing, nothing, I just felt a little nausea so I came to the bathroom but I can't get it out."

"Oh, is that why there's a pregnancy test behind you?"

"Damn."

He looked at it and looked at me confused. 

"It's faint,"

"Is it?" 

"The second line is very faint."

"I'll take another one,"