Chapter 1 - Arrival

It's currently nighttime in Tokyo, the sky was clear with the stars being clearly visible accompanied by a full moon. The city lights illuminated the city as people could be seen walking the streets and others driving vehicles, minding their own lives. On top of one of the city's tallest buildings, a figure could be seen admiring the scenery, this figure belonged to a beautiful girl with ivory skin, two different colored eyes, her right eye being red and strangely her left eye appeared to be a golden inorganic clock face that was ticking and long black hair in two uneven twin tails being held by a crimson net bow, her dress consisted of black and crimson frills and a matching collar around her neck, giving her the appearance of a Gothic Lolita.

"Hmmm, even though I've been here so many times, I never get tired of this view." She said in a happy tone.

However, her moment of peace ended, when a passager plane flew above her. She slightly tilted her head as she watched the plane descend towards the airport, preparing to land.

"Ara, looks like we have someone new." She spoke with interest as she sank to the ground.

" She spoke with interest as she sank to the ground

.

.

.

Dreamless night, ticking clock
I walk away from the soundless room
Windless night, moonlight melts
My ghostly shadow to the lukewarm gloom
Nighty dance of bleeding swords
Reminds me that I still live

As the music plays, a boy with dark ash-colored hair and a pair of clip-on earphones on his ears, purple eyes, and slightly pale skin stared in silence at the streets of Tokyo, through the window of the backseat door of the taxi as it showed his reflection.

I will burn my dread
I once ran away from the god of fear
And he chained me to despair

On an alleyway, two people laid dead on the ground with two large gunshot holes on their chests, and pleads could be heard as a man was being dragged into the shadows. A red glow could be seen in the darkness.

Burn my dread
I'll break the chain
And run till I see the sunlight again

I'll lift my face and run to the sunlight

Voiceless town, tapping feet
I clench my fist, in pockets tight
Far in mist a tower awaits
Like a merciless tomb, devouring moonlight

The taxi came to a stop due to a red light, the driver looks at the rear view mirror to see that the boy never stopped staring at the window ever since they exited the airport. The traffic light turns green making the taxi move again.

I will
Burn my dread
This time I'll grapple down that god of fear and throw him into hell's fire
Burn my dread
I'll shrug the pain and run till I see the sunlight again
Oh, I will run burning all regret and dread
And I will face the sun with the pride of the living

.

.

.

"Alright, we've arrived." The driver said, reaching its destination. Seeing the taxi stop, the boy took his earphones from his ears and looked at the driver. "That'll be 100 yen." Reaching the inside pocket of his black leather jacket, the boy took out his wallet and pulled 150 yen. "Thank you, and keep the change". The boy said in a monotone tone. After paying the driver and taking his luggage from the trunk, the taxi left, leaving the dark ash-haired boy in front of a two-story house.

*Meow*

"Huh?" Looking to the side confused, he saw a cat with black fur and emerald eyes that seemed to shine in the moonlight, sitting on the ground looking at him. Forming a small smile, the boy lowered himself with one knee on the ground and extend his hand. "Hey, there". He greeted. The cat slowly walked to his hand and started sniffing it. After a moment, the cat rubbed himself on his hand, purring. "Where did you come from?" He asked the cat, scratching behind his ears.

*Meow**Purr*

The boy removed his hand from the cat with a small laugh, standing up. "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I gotta go". He said motioning to the house with his head. Before he could move, the cat rubbed himself on his right leg and then ran down the street. Chuckling, the boy grabbed his luggage and opened the small gate entering the house. Closing the gate, he made his way to the front door and as he was going to unlock it, he suddenly felt as if he was being watched. Turning his head behind him, he saw a girl in a crimson and black dress floating in the sky.

'What the?' He thought, rubbing his eyes to see more clearly. Looking again, he saw nothing. "Just my imagination". He said, turning back to the door, unlocking it, and entering the house.

Inside the house, he turned the lights and dropped the keys on the keychain next to the door. Leaving his black sneakers in the doorway, he made his way to the second floor, passing a few cardboard boxes. Entering the room, the boy settled the luggage on the floor and sat on the bed. Breathing out, he looked at his wristwatch on his left wrist, showing that it was 11 pm, he put his phone on the nightstand with the alarm to ring, alongside his earphones and mp3 player. Changing to sleeping pants, showing his upper lean body, and taking out his earrings, he moved the covers and laid on the bed, covering himself with them. Closing his eyes, he fell asleep.

.

.

.

Outside the boy's house, the black-haired girl in the crimson and black dress walked out of the shadows with the same black cat from before in her arms.

"He seems nice". She said, petting the cat.