Chapter 12 - Maybe they're jealous of you

"Ciiiieeelll, I'm booooored..."

"Then study."

"But it's boring!"

A bored Kurumi whined, lying on the bed while moving her legs in the air to entertain herself as she had notebooks and worksheets around her. "This sucks. What a waste of a holiday."

Rolling his eyes at her whining, Ciel turned the chair to look at her. Today's Friday happened to be a holiday, so no school and a long weekend for everyone, but the exams were coming up before summer. "Study, you know the exams are around the corner." Ciel spoke seriously, turning back to the training exercises he was doing on the study desk.

"You can be such a boring person sometimes." Ciel only grabbed his earphones and countered her little comment, placing them on his ears. "And you can be such a whiny girl sometimes too."

Kurumi stuck her tongue out at him and threw insults at him. 'I'll show you who's whiny.' A mischievous smile came to her face as she had an idea to mess with Ciel. Taking a pencil from her pencil case, the black-haired girl sat up and closed one eye to help her aim, throwing the pencil at the back of his head. Ciel didn't make any reaction when the pencil hit and fell on the ground and made Kurumi puff her cheeks, pouting at being ignored. 'Alright, challenge accepted Amagi!' Cracking her knuckles, she took out a pen and threw it at his head.

"Can you stop that, please?" Ciel looked over his shoulder and saw Kurumi writing in her notebook. With a dry laugh, he focused again on the text he was translating. Changing back to her devilish face, Kurumi grabbed the eraser and threw it, annoying Ciel. "Kurumi, stop that!" Covering her mouth with her hand to stop snickering, she threw another pencil and Ciel had enough, turning to face her. "I tol-uff!" A pillow was thrown at his face and Kurumi held her stomach from laughing.

Letting the pillow fall from his face, Ciel calmly took the earphones from his ears and placed them on the desk with the mp3, standing up from the chair with his face covered by a shadow. "Kurumi...Tokisaki..."

"Yes, Ci-chan?"

"You have five seconds to run, or my inner demon's coming out and I don't know if I can stall him for much longer."

"You're not serious, are you?" Kurumi asked, fear evident in her voice and Ciel cracked his right index finger, only scaring her more. "Sorry, but Ciel's not here anymore." 

With a yelp of fear, Kurumi ran out of the room and Ciel laughed loudly

With a yelp of fear, Kurumi ran out of the room and Ciel laughed loudly. "Yes, run, run!" Running downstairs, Ciel saw Kurumi nowhere to be seen. "Ku-chan~. Where are you hiding~?"

Behind one of the couches, Kurumi sat with her back against it, covering her mouth with both her hands to hide her breathing. "Hmm, where is she?" Stepping into the living room, Ciel checked behind one of the couches. "Not here." Kurumi took her hands from her mouth and breathed in relief when she heard Ciel leave. "I didn't know he could be this scary." Shivering, she stood up from the ground and went to check the hallway, seeing no one, Kurumi decided to hide in the storage room but to reach it, she needed to pass next to the kitchen and Ciel happened to be in it. "Come on, Kurumi. You can make this easy on yourself." Exiting the kitchen, Ciel opened the door of the laundry room while Kurumi hid in the kitchen. "Maybe she went upstairs again." Closing the door, Kurumi heard his footsteps going away. Nodding to herself, she ran out of the kitchen in direction of the storage room. "Alright." Opening the door, her skin turned pale when she came face to face with Ciel. "Hello, there~."