Chapter 4 - New life

"Ci...el..."

"Hahaha, how noble!" Raynare wiped a tear from laughing. "He threw himself in front of you so that you could live, how dumb can one be!" Extending her hand, the spear in Ciel's chest disappeared and reappeared in her hand.

"...*Cough*..." Seeing Ciel cough blood again, Kurumi got up from the ground and looked at Raynare with her hair shadowing her eyes.

"How dare you..." The ground started to shake and the wind picked up, blowing away the tree's leaves. "...do that..." She then gave Raynare a murderous glare as her eyes glowed red and yellow. "...TO CIEL?!" Reddish-black energy exploded around Kurumi, changing her outfit to her Astral Dress with Zafkiel behind her.

Taking her arms from her face, Raynare widened her eyes. "Subarashii..." She had a blush on her face as she gazed at Zafkiel. "Yes! Yes! Show me what you can do, Nightmare?!" Summoning two spears, she readied herself for the incoming battle.

Kurumi then formed her musket and flintlock pistol. "I'll show you something worse than a nightmare!" She positioned her musket in XII and her pistol in I.

"Zafkiel! Aleph!"

After the mist entered her pistol, Kurumi shot herself, much to Raynare's confusion.

'What the...? The bullet didn't harm her.' Raynare was trying to figure out why Kurumi was still standing after shooting herself. Pushing her thoughts away, she gained a crazed smile. "This time you won't escape death!" Raynare then launched the spears.

Just as the spears were meters away, Kurumi suddenly disappeared from sight.

"Nani!" Raynare looked around her surroundings frantically, trying to find Kurumi. Looking up, she was met with a kick in the face that sent her skidding backwards.

"M-My face..." Raynare gritted her teeth in pain. Taking her hand from her face, she felt blood dripping from her nose. "You brat! Now, you've done it?!" Hovering in the hair, she flapped her wings and charged at Kurumi, making Kurumi do the same. When the two met at the center, they locked their fists, causing the ground to crack.

As they had their hands locked, Raynare smirked. "Soon, you'll join your little boyfriend over there." With rage in her eyes, Kurumi headbutted Raynare across the face. Using the momentum, Kurumi elbowed the fallen angel in the chest, causing her to spit a mix of blood and saliva. Not finished yet, Kurumi grabbed Raynare's legs and started spinning.

"STOP! STOP!" Ignoring her pleas, Kurumi increased the speed of the spin

"STOP! STOP!" Ignoring her pleas, Kurumi increased the speed of the spin. "Orya?!" Letting go of her legs, Raynare was sent flying into a tree.

Slamming hard on the tree, Raynare fell to the ground and vomited blood. 'I...I have to...get out of here...' She then looked at Kurumi and gritted her teeth. 'S-She barely...used her Sacred...Gear...'

"What's wrong?" Kurumi gave Raynare a blank look. "Where did all that confidence go?"

Closing her hand into a fist, Raynare glared at Kurumi. "Don't y-you...dare...m-mock me?!" She slowly lifted herself in pain.