Chapter 5 - Meet the devils

Waking to the sound of birds chirping at the window and the sun's rays through the curtains, Kurumi stretched her arms and yawned. Feeling warm air on her shoulder, she looked at the sleeping Ciel.

'He looks so peaceful.' Kurumi caressed his lips. She let out a small yelp when Ciel bit her finger gently. "Morning, Ku-chan." Ciel greeted, still with his eyes closed.

"Don't scare me like that!" Said an annoyed Kurumi.

"Ahhh, did I scare the big bad Nightmare~?" Ciel talked in a baby voice, opening his eyes.

"I'm warning you Ciel if you don't stop..." Kurumi warned, looking at the black-haired boy in the eyes.

"Or what?" Ciel taunted, smirking. Having enough, Kurumi got on top of him and pinned his wrists. "I'm gonna have to punish you~." Licking her lips, Kurumi lashed out at his neck.

Ciel shivered at the touch of her lips. "So, you like to play like that? Well..." Freeing his wrists, Ciel flipped them over, now being on top. "I can play it, too~." Pinning her right wrist with one hand, Ciel trailed from her cheek to her neck with kisses while his free hand traveled down her body.

"Hmm~, that's...cheating~." Kurumi bit her fingernail with a flushed face. Their fun was soon ruined when the alarm started beeping.

"Now that's just cliché..." Ciel silenced the alarm with a deadpan look. He sighed and let go of Kurumi's wrist. "Do you mind if I go first?"

"You can go. I'll make breakfast today." Nodding, Ciel got off her and went to the bathroom.

.

.

.

Downstairs, Kurumi finished setting the food on the table. However, from the corner of her eye, something caught her attention. Looking at the small table near the tv, she saw family photos. Curiosity got the best of her as she inspected them.

On one frame was Yukari laying on a hospital bed with a baby Ciel in her arms. Beside her was a man with black hair and dark eyes which Kurumi deduced was Ciel's father.

'Sooo cuuute!' Kurumi had a cuteness overload, seeing baby Ciel. In another frame, a 2-year-old Ciel was on his father's shoulders smiling brightly with Yukari standing next to her husband. Behind them was the Eiffel Tower. Looking at the others, Kurumi tilted her head to the side. On another, was a 7-year-old Ciel holding a guitar and a guitar trophy with his mother hugging him. The rest of the photos showed Ciel of different ages with only Yukari.

"Strange..." Kurumi wondered why there were only two photos with Ciel's father.

"You okay there, Kurumi?" Turning her head rapidly, she saw Ciel wearing the school uniform pants and the black shirt. "Y-Yeah, yeah, I'm fine!" Raising one eyebrow, Ciel walked up to her and noticed the photos.

Kurumi lowered her head in regret. "Sorry if I upset you..."

"Oh God, nonono!" Ciel patted her head. "It's okay, you were gonna see them anyway." Relieved, Kurumi leaned on his touch. Kissing her forehead, Ciel took his hand from her head and pointed at the photos. "That's my dad, his name was Hiro Amagi."

"Was?"

"Yeah, he...he died from heart disease when I turned three." Ciel revealed the reason for Hiro's absence.

"Sorry to hear that..." Ciel smiled at her. "Thank you. I may not remember much about him, but he had a catchphrase that stuck with me."

"What was it?" Kurumi asked.