~24~ Of Green Eyes

➢𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘➢

➢𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘➢

『 Who's in the shadows?
Who's ready to play?
Are we the hunters?
Or are we the prey?
―𝘙𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦, 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 24: 𝑶𝒇 𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑬𝒚𝒆𝒔⟵

Told you, I'd find you again.

-𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟹𝚁𝙳, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼-

𝙹𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚁𝙸𝚂𝚃

𝙲𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝙴, 𝙴𝚄𝚁𝙾𝙿𝙴

The interrogation of James Bucky Barnes has just started, the long-haired man confined to a huge cell that has his hands bonded in metal steel―keeping him still on the view of the cameras.

All gather to watch the altercation, T'Challa from his office, Sharon, Steve, and Sam from another one, a few more officials including Everett K. Ross―and Tony, Natasha, and Danielle.

Fingers comb soothingly through the fine tangled hair still tousled in a low bun on the head of the child, and from above her the leather-jacketed redhead whispers gently, "If you want, I can braid this for you later?"

Nonverbally, Dani says no, shaking her head while beginning to press her face further into Nat's side and seeking comfort in the feeling―the woman agreeing softly, "Okay..."

"Do you wanna go and have a seat? Take some weight off this ankle?" the two's eyes dart down to a gray boot still impairing the stance of Agent Rockland, the girl bringing her shoulders up to her chin in a way of anxiety―she moves her head again.

A brittle and small voice pipes up suddenly, sounding a little raspy due to lack of speaking throughout the many minutes before this one―and Dani admits, "I-I, I wanna stay by you and Uncle Tony."

"Alright, Sweets... that's-that's all right," Natasha replies with a continuous amount of delicacy, usually only heard and seen in her more stoic demeanor when talking to the enhanced girl, who was like a daughter to her―as she treated her as such, way much more than Deborah Rockland had.

And to everyone's surprise, no moves had been made throughout the time that the Avengers were present in the same room as the leader of the FORCE Headquarters.

That with everything else, causes some guards to be let down―it being just the right time ... for a takeaway.

Dani does her best to ignore the slight ache in her left ankle that was being brought on by the consistent pressure when standing on both her feet, resulting in the eleven-year-old tremblingly swaying closer to the Black Widow's embrace. The woman's arms enclose the child as a rough but gentle hand moves up and down the side of her shoulder while the interrogation of the Winter Soldier continues to echo on-screen, aspects of the considered psychological evaluation becoming more suspicious by the second.