Chapter 26

"I have to go!" I protested, "It's on the psychic paper. I'll be fine." The next morning, my psychic paper acted up before it showed: Celeste, Ready to use my favor-RS.

Then it had coordinates. I had some idea who RS was, but the Doctor wasn't having any of it. "I was just about to take Donna to see Agatha Christie," he tried, "Please, just stay."

I smiled. "Doctor, I'll be fine." To his surprise, I kissed his cheek lightly. "Tell Agatha that Celeste says hi." Reluctantly, the Doctor flew back to 21st century London where my TARDIS, still stuck as the broken telephone booth, was.

The coordinates took me to a ship where a familiar curly blond haired woman greeted me. "River Song," I smiled, "Don't recall me owing you a favor."

She smirked. "Spoilers." Rolling my eyes, I followed her into the ship. After the Silence incident, I had ran into the troublemaker a couple times, although I don't think the order was right.

Before I could ask anything, River brought me into a room full of people.

_______________________________

The Library was silent. The six of us tried not to make that much noise. All the sudden, River handed me my physic paper. "When did you-?" I stopped when she grinned devilishly. "What did you do?"

"Contacted someone."

"Well, I'm assuming you mean the Doctor," I guessed, "But what did you say?" River didn't respond, but the rest of the expedition looked at us like we were bonkers.

I smiled at all the books. Old me would have insisted that we stop and read. Actually, old me would complain and be a drama queen.

Lately, my mind kept wandering to my old choices. The war made me go a bit careless and dramatic. The regeneration made me brooding and sarcastic.

Mostly, I was tired. Tired of what was happening and of thinking about what I contribute. Of all the times to have an existential crisis.

Lux, the annoying man who funded this thing, gestured to the door. Voices were coming from there. River nudged me so I took out my sonic even though she had her own.

The door blew away with a flash of light. I smiled at the upgrade. Wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, but easier to get in places.

There stood the Doctor and Donna, inspecting what just happened. They couldn't see my face because of the helmet on the space suit, that the others made me wear.

River took hers off and said her usual, "Hello, sweetie." I smirked at that.

"Get out," he demanded, "All of you. Turn around, get back in your rocket and fly away. Tell your grandchildren you came to the library and lived. They won't believe you."

I removed mine and smiled at their shocked faces. "Buzzkill. Pop your helmets, everyone. We've got breathers."

"How do you know they're not androids?" Anita inquired.

"Because I've dated androids," she sighed, "They're rubbish." I stifled my laugh.

Lux whined, "Who is this? You said we were the only expedition. I paid for exclusives."

"We lied, we're always lying," I answered, "Bound to be others."

Luge turned to Evangelista. "Miss Evangelista, I want to see the contracts."

"You came through the north door, yeah? How was that, much damage?" River checked.

"Please, just leave. I'm asking you seriously and properly, just leave." He paused, "Hang on. Did you say expedition?"