Chapter 20

Donna exclaimed, "I can't believe I'm doing this!" The Doctor nervously looked over her shoulder. He let her fly the TARDIS after persistent begging. I cracked a smile at how nervous he was.

"No, neither can I," the Doctor mumbled, "Oh, careful." He hit the console with a hammer. I took the hammer from him and pulled a lever. Donna was back in control.

"Left hand down. Left hand down!" I advised, "Getting a bit too close to the 1980s."

"What am I going to do, put a dent in them?"

He joked, "Well, someone did." I rolled my eyes. My telephone rang and I jumped. I hadn't used that since Martha. "Hold on. That's a phone," Donna said as I reached for the phone, "You've got a mobile? Since when?"

The Doctor smiled. "It's not mine."

I answered cautiously, "Hello?"

"Celeste?" Martha Jones stated, "It's Martha, and I'm bringing you two back to Earth." I nodded and took control of the TARDIS.

It materialized in an alleyway. The Doctor and I stepped out to see Martha standing there. "Martha Jones."

"Doctor." They hugged and she turned to me. "Celeste." Martha hugged me. I laughed, "You haven't changed a bit."

"Neither have you two," she retorted.

The Doctor asked, "How's the family?"

"You know. Not so bad. Recovering." Martha noticed Donna coming out of the TARDIS. "Right. Should have known. Didn't take you long to replace me, then." I nudged her, smirking at the ring on her finger.

"Now, don't start fighting. Martha, Donna. Donna, Martha," the Doctor sighed, "Please don't fight. Can't bear fighting."

"You wish," I muttered. They shook each other's hand. "I've heard all about you. They talk about you all the time."

"I dread to think."

"No, no, no. No, they say nice things," Donna assured, "Good things. Nice things. Really good things." I groaned in my head.

"Oh my God," she glared at the Doctor, "He's told you everything."

I laughed at the Doctor's expression. He wasn't liking this at all. "Didn't take long to get over it though," I asked, "Who's the lucky man?"

He asked, "What man? Lucky what?"

"She's engaged, you prawn," Donna gestured. Martha held up the hand with her ring. "Tom. That Tom Milligan. He's in pediatrics. Working out in Africa right now." She turned to me. "And yes, I know, I've got a doctor who disappears off to distant places. Tell me about it."

"Is he skinny?" The Doctor really wasn't enjoying this. He kept looking back and forth between them.

She thought, "No, he's sort of strong."

"He is too skinny for words," Donna teased, "You give him a hug, you get a paper cut." I smiled widely at that because it was true.

He groaned, "Oh, I'd rather you were fighting." I nudged him lightly.

"Don't pout because your companions aren't fighting," I teased.

Martha's walkie-talkie went off, "Doctor Jones, report to base, please. Over." I widened at the 'doctor' part.

"This is Doctor Jones. Operation Blue Sky is go, go, go. I repeat, this is a go." A mess of jeeps, trucks and a squad of the Parachute Regiment went past. I looked around as they took us to a factory.

"Greyhound Six to Trap One. B Section, go, go, go. Search the ground floor. Grid pattern delta," Martha instructed.

I inquired, "What are you searching for?"