Chapter 4

Celeste's once light eyes turned black and filled with hatred. "Well?" she demanded, "Where is he?" She noticed how his eyes flitted to the old man with the horrified look. "This'll be fun," Celeste announced.

"What-" Before the Master could finish his sentence, the
air ship's engines stopped, causing the ship to fall. Everything went flying rapidly except for Celeste who looked at the mayhem proudly.

She released the breath she was holding and the ship stopped. The captains flew the ship higher. Celeste chuckled, but the Master was beyond furious. "What was that?" he demanded, "You could have killed everyone!"

"Woah, I'm sorry, but I have it under control," she smugly retorted, "Let's not forget the powerful one on this ship." Celeste's eyes darted to the side and back again. "Better find your wife, Harold. She's even more unstable than usual."

"Do not call me Harold," he instructed, "You are to do as I tell you!" She stiffened a bit before turning swiftly and glided out. The Doctor wheezed, "You...have no idea...what you've done."

Jack Harkness hung from the chains, his head slumped forward. Something was coming. That was different. Feeding time wasn't for a while. Hesitantly, Jack looked up to see an unrecognizable woman. She smiled darkly. "Jack Harkness, I'm sorry we have to meet again under such conditions," the woman said sarcastically.

Despite the discomfort, Jack forced a smile. "Pardon me," he said, "I've never seen you before in my life."

Surprising, she chuckled. "Ah, yes. I've changed since you last saw me," the woman recalled, "You speak boy, not girl. I was with you while the Slitheen attacked and while the Daleks attacked. I vaguely remember defying nature and bringing you back to life." She paused to look Jack in the eye. "One does not tend to forget it."

"Celeste?" he asked, "What? You're working for the Master?" Jack struggled a bit in his chains.

"He was...preparing me, but I came out too early," Celeste explained, "Soon, the puny mind here before was out while I moved in. I, of course, have all her memories. You were called the Face of Boe, am I wrong?"

He gritted his teeth. "Why would I tell you?"

"One reason," Celeste leaned in closer and continued in a threatening tone, "Feel that free fall earlier? Well, I could easily do it again and so much more. Before me had no idea the extent of her powers and I choose to use them. I could kill you over and over again, each one more painful then the last. You might even stay dead."

"I'd rather stay dead," Jack glared, "Better then selling out."

She didn't waver, but her tone was more dignified. "So it's decided. Once a month, every month, I'll pay you a visit. If you're not prepared to answer me, I'll kill you. If you do, I'll spare you." Jack noticed the quaver in her eyes at the mention of once a month.

Celeste was in there, influencing her dark side. Sensing his hope, she glared viciously and turned on her heel. Celeste walked out, leaving Jack by his lonesome.