Chapter 14

Donna held on to the cable and me tightly. "What are you saying?" She demanded, "You'll die!"

"Might be better if you let go actually," I mused, "I know what I'm doing. Doctor, get inside!" With Miss Foster's sonic, he nodded and went inside.

"He just abandoned us!"

"No, the Doctor knows what I'm capable of," I corrected, "Let go, Donna. I swear it'll be ok." She looked at me for a couple a seconds before nodding.
Donna released her grip and we fell. We were quite high, but I teleported us into Miss Foster's office next to the Doctor.

Donna stumbled and steadied herself. "Why didn't you say you could teleport?" She grimaced.

I shrugged. "Surprisingly, that doesn't come up in conversations often."

"I was right. It's always like this with you, innit?"

"Oh, yes!" The Doctor cheered, "And off we go." We headed for the door, but Penny, still tied to the chair, cried, "Oi!"

"Sorry!" I said quickly. He soniced the ropes from the door and advised, "Now do yourself a favour. Get out." I examined Miss Foster's sonic. It was like mine except hers was much sleeker.

Miss Foster and her guards were waiting in the call center. "Well, then," she sighed, "At last." I smiled pleasantly.

"Hello," Donna greeted awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you," the Doctor introduced, "I'm the Doctor. She's Celeste."

"And I'm Donna."

"Partners in crime," Miss Foster gazed at my sonic. "And evidently off-worlders, judging by your sonic technology."

"Oh, yes, I've still got your sonic pen." I held it up and examined it, "Nice. I like it. Sleek. It's kind of sleek."

Donna agreed, "Oh, it's definitely sleek."

"Yeah," the Doctor inquired, "And if you were to sign your real name, that would be?"

"Matron Cofelia of the Five Straighten Classabindi Nursery Fleet. Intergalactic Class."

"A wet nurse, using humans as surrogates." I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"I've been employed by the Adiposian First Family to foster a new generation after their breeding planet was lost," she informed proudly.

"What do you mean lost?" He asked, "How do you lose a planet?"

"Oh, politics are none of my concern," Miss Foster dismissed, "I'm just here to take care of the children on behalf of the parents."

"What, like an outer space super nanny?" She asked. I hid my smile behind my hand.

"Yes, if you like."

"So. So those little things, they're, they're made out of fat," Donna stuttered a bit, "Yeah, but that woman, Stacy Campbell, there was nothing left of her."

"Oh, in a crisis the Adipose can convert bone and hair and internal organs," Miss Foster pouted, "Makes them a little bit sick, poor things."

"Poor Stacy!" I cut in, "Seeding a level five planet is against galactic law."

Her eyes narrowed. "Are you threatening me?"

The Doctor started to talk, but I interjected, "If stopping you will stop this."

"I hardly think you can stop bullets," Miss Foster chuckled humorlessly. The guards took aim.

"No, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. One more thing, before dying," the Doctor stalled, "Do you know what happens if you hold two identical sonic devices against each other?" My eyes widened in realization and I moved one sonic to each hand.