Chapter 12

We ran into the TARDIS, laughing. "You held the Daleks off with a Jammy Dodger!" I giggled, "You just became attractive as hell."

He quirked his eyebrow. "You think I'm attractive?" The Doctor nodded proudly. "Was it only because of the Jammy Dodger?"

"The Jammy Dodger is the definition of sexiness. Of course it was the biscuit."

Colin called in again, "Anything you can do, sir? Over."

"The Doctor to Colin. The Doctor to Colin," he continued, "I can disrupt the Dalek shields, but not for long. Over."

"Good show, Doctor. Go to it. Over." A little bit later, Colin returned, "Colin to the Doctor. Going in for another attack."

"The Doctor to Colin. The Doctor to Colin," the Doctor ordered, "Destroy this ship. Over."

"What about you, Doctor?"

I reassured, "We'll be okay."

Supreme appeared on the screen. "Doctor, call off your attack."

"Ah ha. What, and let you scuttle off back to the future?" He questioned, "No fear. This is the end for you. The final end."

"Call off the attack, or we will destroy the Earth."

"I'm not stupid, mate," I taunted, "You've just played your last card."

"Bracewell is a bomb," it informed.

"You're bluffing. Deception's second nature to you," he dismissed, "There isn't a sincere bone in your body.

I pointed out, "There isn't a bone in your body."

"His power is derived from an Oblivion Continuum," it insisted, "Call off your attack, or we will detonate the android." I chewed my lip until I tasted blood.

"No. This is my best chance ever. The last of the Daleks," the Doctor stated furiously, "I can rid the Universe of you, once and for all."

"Then do it. But we will shatter the planet below. The Earth will die screaming."

"Yeah, and if we let you go, you'll be stronger than ever," I sneered, "A new race of Daleks."

"Then choose, Celeste," Supreme provoked, "Destroy the Daleks or save the Earth. Begin countdown of Oblivion Continuum. Choose, Celeste. Choose. Choose."

I looked quickly at the Doctor who seemed just as conflicted as me. One thought stuck out: Amy is down there. "Celeste to Colin, Celeste to Colin," I said stolidly, "Withdraw."

"Say again, ma'am. Over."

"Withdraw," I repeated, "Return to Earth. Over and out."

"But ma'am-"

"There's no time," the Doctor agreed, "You have to return to Earth now. Over." He set the TARDIS to Earth

We landed in the map room. The Doctor ran out and punched Bracewell in the jaw. He fell down.

"That hurt your hand, didn't it?" I smirked.

The Doctor shook his hand and ignored me. "Ow. Sorry, Professor, you're a bomb. An inconceivably massive Dalek bomb."

"What?" Bracewell gaped.

"There's an Oblivion Continuum inside you. A captured wormhole that provides perpetual power," I explained hurriedly, "Detonate that, and the Earth will bleed through into another dimension. Now keep down." I used my sonic to open his torso.

Well, that sounded weirder than I meant. The Doctor knelt next to me. One of the five blue segments of a circle on Bracewell's torso turned yellow.

"Well?" Amy asked.

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know," he admitted, "Never seen one up close before."

She struggled to understand, "So what, they've wired him up to detonate?"

"Oh no, not wired him up. He is a bomb," I corrected, "Walking, talking, pow, exploding, the moment that flashes red."